Leadership Hiring at Mancer Consulting
Views:537 Applications:135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:56
Director/Head - Strategy & Architecture - IT Infrastructure - Banking Captive (16-24 yrs)
Director/Head of Strategy and Architecture for Collaboration and Retention Services
- As Global Head of Strategy and Architecture for Collaboration and Retention services, you will be accountable for leading and growing a diverse and global team who define, maintain, and evolve the strategy and architecture of the Collaboration & Retention services portfolio.
- This is an exciting leadership role, which will solve deeply complex and rewarding technical challenges, shape organizational change as bank forges it's own path to the cloud. You will lead by example across a wide range of technical and security domains, spanning classic and modern IT, on-premise, hybrid-cloud, and native cloud. A key to your success is building and maintaining trust with both technical and non-technical constituencies. You consistently and easily distill complex challenges to their essence in order to focus teams, get decisions made, and guide delivery organizations over and around obstacles.
- Provide Domain level expertise and guidance to the firm regarding Collaboration, Messaging and Retention Services.
- Build, steer, maintain and govern the Collaboration and Retention strategy with a heavy bias towards cloud based solutions
- Own and evolve service architectures and design patterns
- Oversee and deliver solutions architecture for multiple concurrent projects while also participating as a Steering Committee voting member; ensuring clear lines of accountability, diagnosis and resolution of problems, and removal of friction to support the team
- Author, maintain and enforce policies, guidelines and standards in partnership with Enterprise and Domain Architects within GCIO and business areas.
- Provide expert level technical guidance on a wide range, assess risks effectively, and be capable of challenging all aspects of design and plans
- Deeply understand security authentication and authorization policies/methods and be able to integrate them with internally developed or vendor bases applications
- Respond to and resolve emergent service and project delivery problems
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Automate standardized repeatable tasks and steps and contribute to building a DevOps model
- Have line management responsibilities and act a local lead in Raleigh for the Collaboration & Retention team
- Strong logic, problem perception and problem solving skills paired with open-mindedness and a bias for action
- Client orientation; you naturally study/understand the business, enabling you to empathize and communicate complex technical challenges by translating them to meaningful examples the business can understand.
- You possess expert knowledge across multiple IT Infrastructure domains (e.g. Enterprise Infrastructure, Cyber, Risk, Regulatory Frameworks, Microsoft 365 & Azure, Network Security, PKI and Modern Auth (Open ID/OIDC, SAML, OAuth 2, etc), Unified Communications & Voice Solutions Architecture, Voice Recording, Enterprise Electronic Communications Compliance/Retention and eDiscovery Solutions Architecture)
- You have demonstrable experience in developing and delivering classic, hybrid cloud, and cloud-based infrastructure solutions within large financial services based organizations.
- You are able to define and ensure adoption of the best technical architecture design practices within your span of control, and beyond
- You can identify and manage interrelationships between various service architectures and performance;
- You can Diagnose Technical and Non-Technical Root Causes
- You have a proven ability to identify, build, and lead great people, ensuring they get the right input to continue improving and growing.
- You are a problem-solver with excellent leadership skills and the ability influence your peers and upper management.
- You are comfortable working through ambiguity, under pressure, and against tight deadlines, to solve considerable technical challenges and hold others accountable to high standards in doing so
- Ability to coordinate regional and global efforts, being a leader in cross-functional teams, getting results and holding peers/partners accountable without direct authority
- 10+ years of professional experience working in a large technology infrastructure practice
- 5+ years of professional experience working in End User / Collaboration / Retention platforms
- 3+ years of Network/Security Architecture experience (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of people leadership/experience (direct or matrix)
- Experience with Agile/Kanban methodologies; Cloud & Software-as-a-Service solutions
- Strong presentation skills both in content generation and communication
- Excellent business communications; to customers and senior management
- Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences or related field is preferred.