Director/Head - Growth & Sales - EdTech (15-18 yrs)
Role Summary :
An Ed-Tech start-up in the Higher Education arena and is seeking an experienced Business Development professional to strategic vision, focus and innovative thought to the complex challenges of launching a new brand, building a distributions corporate client base, generating sales and driving future growth.
You will spearhead a high growth B2C and B2B operation building a high growth, digital marketing led sales team and operation spanning across the target geos of the business. You will spearhead strategic new partnerships with employers across a range of sectors with the threefold aim of expanding distribution streams, content acquisition and co-development and reputation enhancement. You will be an accomplished leader in generating and delivering leads through effective digital engagement with customers, businesses and other organisations.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of SaaS D2C sales and educational partnerships and will demonstrate the creativity and autonomy necessary to establish a thriving business development function in a start-up organisation.
Working very closely with the CEO and the marketing team, you will plan and execute every aspect of the company's consumer marketing growth, acquisition and retention across all its geos. You- ll lead a small team initially so will be very hands on, but you'll develop your own team structure and build out the capability from scratch.
We have ambitious targets for the success of our venture. This is an opportunity to be in at the start of a new approach to learning and career development. We are offering an attractive permanent contract. You need to have experience of business development in professional services. Knowledge of the IT sector would be an advantage.
Key activities & responsibilities :
Business Development :
- Lead the development, implementation and delivery of the business development function, ensuring excellent levels of client experience
- Generate key strategic employer partnerships for content, recruitment and distributions
- To collaborate effectively with Business Content academics who will work with you and your employer contacts to shape and develop the content
- To contact major companies offering learning content and agree terms for embedding referral content in our material
- Develop close stakeholder relations with hiring managers and facilitate placement and employment opportunities and the appointment of content advisors
- Harness employer relationships for strategic partnerships for profile and revenue generation opportunities particularly in the B2B and the B2B2C models of operation
Sales (B2B and B2C) :
- To develop and lead a long-term sales and distribution strategy for an ambitious EdTech platform
- Create, launch and manage multi-channel campaigns and initiatives, to drive organic acquisition & engagement.
- Lead and manage the digital marketing and performance marketing teams to scale up the D2C sales segments across multiple geographies.
- Lead the targets for the recruitment of employer sponsored learners
- Lead initiatives that will help identify business expansion and distribution opportunities within existing and new channels
- Deliver data driven performance and turning insights into actionable strategies
Operations and Management :
- Attract and retain a high performing team towards ambitious sales targets
- Establish a sustainable employer partnerships function, managing future growth and operations
- Lead on the dissemination of industry directions and hiring trends to all internal constituencies including admissions, marketing and academic faculty maximising outreach synergies
- Oversee tracking process/development on all employers in a centralized team database/CRM.
Qualifications and Experience :
- A relevant bachelor's qualification or equivalent experience/Masters degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience in sales or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience growing a consumer brand across any sector, such as eCommerce, media, fintech, edtech, healthtech, finance, travel, marketplaces, etc.
- Experience of international markets, industries and the global world of work
- Very strong digital acquisition experience, across all channels, with ideally broader experience across brand, partnerships and channel marketing.
- Experience using B2B marketing tools and CRMs to facilitate effective employer engagement across the institution
- Familiarity or experience in EdTech is advantageous
- Experience in program development, employer relations, and relationship management required
- An existing network of business contacts is essential
- Deep commitment to customer service and the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated sales mindset, i.e. success in building and maintaining collaborative relationships with diverse constituencies required
- Strong analytical skills to measure activity and drive performance
- Effective negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client focused approach partnered with strong relationship building skills
- Business acumen and market insight
- Ability to communicate with large groups as well as one-on-one with senior administration, faculty, and employers
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.