Leadership Hiring at Mancer Consulting Services
Views:3596 Applications:76 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
Director/Head - Derivatives Settlements & Confirmations - Investment Banking (16-22 yrs)
- Operations provides support for all of the Bank's Corporate Bank and Investment Bank businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for Derivatives Settlements and Confirmations functions supporting the Investment Bank Trading activities for EMEA and US regions.
- The Derivatives Confirmations and Settlements teams are responsible for the delivery of operational services to European and US Investment Bank businesses which include trading in foreign exchange, Rates and Credit Derivatives, Commodities and Equity Derivatives products. Operational services cover both the ( Run The Bank ) as well as transformation ( Change the Bank ) for these functions. The successful candidate will also have regional franchise responsibilities outside the core derivatives area, in either building a capability/competency, employee engagement, industry forums etc. There is also potential to expand to a global role for these functions, based on performance.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
- Provide a quality service to the Investment Banking division in an efficient and cost effective way whilst maintaining appropriate control and risk management.
- Managing to key metrics in line with agreed targets and risk tolerances, notably cost and control
- Ensuring regulatory compliance from a country and regional perspective.
- Drive the development of strategic goals for FIC Operations India
- Partner with Technology teams to drive strategic and tactical transformation programs. to enhance processing efficiency and controls
- Provide People leadership, including the development of key talent and the overall needs of the staff
- Sets clear direction for the team in line with overall business strategy and evolving regulatory expectations
- Manages performance systemically by setting qualitative and quantitative goals, promoting individual accountability and removing impediments to success.
- Communicates specific and measurable business driven objectives at the beginning of the year, ensuring every team member has regular, continuous and constructive performance discussions.
- Empowers, manages, coaches and mentors direct reports and others in the organization and holds their teams accountable for strong people, system and control management practices.
- Ensures each direct report has sufficient time and skills to perform the correspondent role and proactively manages and mitigates potential conflicts of interests.
- Proactively manages performance and people issues to ensure alignment with the Bank's goals, values and code of conduct.
- Builds capability for competitive advantage by driving succession planning, prioritizing continuous development of people and fast tracking the mobility of high potentials within the team.
- Brings diverse teams together to collaborate on topics in order to achieve optimal ideas and recommendations
- Creates an open and inclusive culture where team members are encouraged to offer and challenge ideas and practices.
- Acts as an escalation channel for the Group's benefit by ensuring matters are referred to the appropriate function within the Bank (i.e. HR, Compliance, AFC, Legal).
- Broad and deep knowledge of banking products, market and regulatory practices and client requirements in India. Prior Derivatives Operations experience is required
- Proven track record of delivering operational excellence and in driving collaboration across multi-product and functional teams, in context of varied local regulations, market practices, technologies and processes
- Experienced senior professional with global investment bank or equivalent organisation exposure, with proven success in managing matrixed and virtual management structures, managing across varied functions within a regional management team structure
- Leadership skills which enable the candidate to successfully influence simultaneously across multiple stakeholders, peers, direct and indirect reports
- History of leading complex multi-year strategies impacting product, function, process and technology, balancing revenue goals with client service and regulatory adherence