Co-Founder at Women Entrepreneur Network
Views:1204 Applications:215 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:191
Director - Government Relations & University/Industry Outreach (12-16 yrs)
- As a Director -Govt relations and University/Industry Outreach, you will focus on strengthening relationships with key government agencies and relevant organizations.
- You will craft a strategic public policy direction for the region and guide the company's interactions with state and local governments.
- You will combine creativity and intellectual diligence with the organizational skills to manage campaigns, to conceptualize and develop IPR strategy and implementation.
- You will report to INDIA COUNTRY LEAD and work closely with him to lead the company's engagement with government officials and industry forums like NASSCOM, CII etc.
- Set Company's public policy objectives; identify and forecast forthcoming policy issues and trends that are of importance to Micron
- Establish, implement, and communicate positions with local government affairs, policy-makers, trade associations and the technology industry to craft a coherent strategy on issues that cut across states.
- Manage issues campaigns that are pertinent to the company's products and services and advocate and lobby on behalf of the company government stakeholders.
- Experienced professional who will develop our University outreach and scholarship strategy, with specific focus on expanding access to talent for Micron.
- Conceptualize and execute CSR (Corporate Social Responsibilities) initiatives to ensure good corporate citizenship.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Political Science, Government, Public Affairs, a relevant field or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience working on tech policy issues within government think tanks, public interest groups, technology industry groups, or corporations.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to analyze, compare and present, international IPR issues, developments in IPR practices in different jurisdictions of the world and WTO
- Experience in interactions with industry associations like CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM
- Thorough knowledge of competition policy & standards.
Experience in the following is considered a plus:
- Working as an in-house IPR specialist in an MNC OR experience in working with trade associations.
- Knowledge of areas of international trade, privacy, environment & competition
Preferred Qualifications :
- Analytical skills, including proven ability to prepare reports involving regulatory, policy, and legal issues;
- Experience working with and leading diverse teams and a variety of stakeholders, and in executing strategies to deliver exceptional solutions.
- Ability to work and function effectively in a team environment where roles and responsibilities may not be clearly defined;
- Comfort with significant domestic and international travel required.
- Excellent research and computer skills (MS office, etc.)
- Speakership in conferences; leadership roles with the ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent personal, political, analytical, and communication skills with great attention to detail.