Director - Government Affairs - Public Advocacy (10-20 yrs)
Director - Government Affairs
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Highly motivated individual with contribution mindset for new Government Affairs role to support companies in Bangalore and Karnataka.
- Role will focus on proactively developing visibility, credibility, and relationships with government officials at different levels.
- While Karnataka and Bangalore will be the primary geographic focus, individual will advise companies and colleagues on Government Affairs elsewhere in India.
Responsibilities, among others, will include :
- Continuously collaborate and align with company leaders on evolving priorities and engagement plan
- Identify key decision makers and influencers and how to effectively communicate company positions to them; represent company positions before relevant government agencies
- Collaborate with colleagues to assess government policies and regulations and their impact on the company
- Represent company in trade associations by assisting with development of position papers, consultation responses, and direct engagement
- Ensure visibility on operations and investments by engaging visiting executives with appropriate and high-level government officials.
- 10 years or more of experience in Government Affairs or equivalent positions
- Fluency in English; Kannada, Hindi, ability to communicate complex strategies effectively
- Ability to succeed in a matrix business environment, team oriented and a contributor, collaborating and aligning closely with leadership and across departments and geographies on strategy and execution
- Highest ethical standards in government interactions, consistent with company's culture and expectations
- Self-motivated to find solutions that achieve desired outcome; proactive
- Keen interest in decision-making process in state government including understanding of policies and procedures of various departments
- Work well with multiple teams internally with an appreciation of priorities of individual companies.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.