Director & Co-Founder at Alchemy Job
Views:247 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Director/General Manager - Legal - eCommerce (10-15 yrs)
We are hiring Director legal for a Leading MNC .
we are looking to hire a senior candidate with minimum 8- 12 PQE and candidate must have M&A, fund raising, global data security, IP and general corporate experience. The candidate must have robust knowledge and experience of drafting deal documents and must be a solutions-oriented person, with an excellent business acumen, who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team atmosphere and the challenges of a company having many worldwide complex businesses.
The details of the roles and responsibilities and skills and qualifications of the candidates are listed below.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Drafting, negotiate and execute a variety of M&A and other commercial agreements, including LOIs/Term Sheets, Share Purchase Agreements, Shareholders Agreements, Share Subscription Agreements, data processing agreements, data sub-processing agreements, master service agreements, vendor agreements, repair services agreements, marketing agreements, employment agreements, consultancy agreements, engagement letters, audit services agreements, franchise agreements, logistic partner agreements, IP licensing agreements, reseller agreements, software development agreements, lease agreements, staffing services agreements and other commercial agreements.
- Stay up-to-date on developments and trends in the industry, track upcoming laws and regulations related to the business, analyze and provide reports and summaries to the team. Advising on impact and consequences of new laws and regulations affecting Our businesses and advising the management and business teams.
- Advising the business teams on strategizing and resolving legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and potential disputes. Ability to break down complex legal issues for the business and commercial teams to understand the associated risks and take correct informed decisions.
- Standardizing agreements for the business teams.
- Prioritizing and judging what matter should be handled internally or by outside counsels and managing the external counsels effectively in a cost-effective manner.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the General Counsel and Senior Management.
- Liaising with and managing government, regulatory and/or quasi-judicial authorities as and when required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Senior Candidate: Minimum 7-10 years of PQE preferably with both in-house and law firm experience. Must have at least 3-5 years of experience as in-house counsel (or equivalent).
- Preferred experience in contract drafting, review and negotiation and managing compliances as an in-house counsel or as a part of a law firm.
- Solid business acumen and willingness to work in an unstructured working environment and ability to interact comfortably with business and management persons.
- Experience working in high-growth tech company, preferably with international business experience and knowledge of international compliance/regulations.
- Experience in raising private market equity, as well as M&A. IPO or other public market experience would be a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and mentoring.
- Ability to work efficiently and proactively on multiple projects under tight deadlines while maintaining a commitment to quality.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and highly team-oriented.