Account Manager at Olive Green Consulting
Views:4103 Applications:124 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Director - Food & Beverages Operations (15-30 yrs)
1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Summary - (Role Summary) :
- Manage food and beverage operation to ensure quality service and standards while delivering a guest experience that is unique. Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations concerning health, safety, or other requirements.
- We want our guest to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
- Create confidence - by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests- pace in all you do.
- Encourage success - by supporting and respecting yours guest and their goals by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important, and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
- Make it happen- by being perceptive to your guests - needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
Duties and Responsibilities
FINANCIAL RETURNS :
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage and labour costs.
- In partnership with the catering office, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue. Drive promotions that deliver great dining experience for guests at a good value.
- Ensure all credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Manage day to day staffing requirement, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulation. Ensure staff are properly trained on quality and service standard, have the necessary tools and equipment and are empowered to carry out job duties.
GUEST EXPERIENCE :
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest question, complaints and/or request to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS :
- Manage local food and beverage marketing programmes for the hotel, participate in and maintain system wide food and beverage marketing programmes and promotion. Monitor local competitors and industry trends. Review and approve menu design and concepts with Executive Chef.
- Conduct proper food and beverage inventory procedure. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage material and equipment.
- Ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste.
- Creating loyalty, trust and respect amongst the entire bar team by transparent, consistent, inspirational and motivational management style.
- Creating a departmental working environment focused on staff development and job fulfillment to achieve employee loyalty.
- Fully familiarized with all hotel and company policies, as well as hotel programmes offered such as Loyalty programmes, audit and service measurement programmes and merit awards.
- Participate in company and hotel induction- and refresher programmes.
- Demonstrate exceptional level of professionalism, maturity and emotional intelligence at all times.
- Responsible for the operation and the staff of the bar and other beverage outlets.
- Ensures correct ambiance per time of day in relation to lighting, fragrance and music as well as bar displays.
- Preparing staff rosters and organizing shifts to ensure appropriate staffing at all times.
- Inspects staff to ensure they are in proper uniform, clean and well groomed according to hotel policies and procedures.
- Provides, in cooperation with the bar staff, direct supervision of the taking of orders and service of beverage.
- Follow up with and resolve guest complaints consistently and adequately.
- Determines that adequate operational supplies are available and that the bar equipment is clean and in good order.
- Initiates requisitions for operational supplies, repairs and maintenance work orders.
- Be responsible for and supervise the standard of cleanliness and hygiene in the bar area.
- Ensures bar(s) are correctly set up per SOP prior to opening.
- Drive compliance to operational audits within departments.
- Ensures consistent service delivery throughout operational hours.
- Keeps such records as required, such as recording guest complaints, revenue and other appropriate details.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as directed.
- Maintains strict control of stock and cash.
- Be familiar with Hotel fire and safety procedures and how to operate the firefighting equipment.
- Ensures items are ordered that are required for smooth running of the Beverage outlet/s before service commences, based on par levels and business demands.
- Completes checklists for the Beverage Outlets/s and ensures that revenue made is properly recorded in the system.
- Ensures revenue is maximized by up selling techniques, while monitoring applicable targets for bar personnel.
- Allocates stations to service staff.
- Ensures that all guests are acknowledged and receive the best possible guest service at all times.
- Ultimately responsible for all bar operations.
- Conduct proper food and beverage inventory procedures. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material and equipment.
- Ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment, and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste.
Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This is the top food and beverage job in a small to medium full-service hotel. Supervises a large number of team members in multiple food and beverage outlets, kitchens, and may include banquet facilities that cater to 500 people or less. May oversee one or more subordinate managers or supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS :
- Some college and/or advanced training in food and beverage management plus
- 2 years of related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree/higher education qualification in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field preferred. Must speak fluent English. Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card, as required by local law.
- The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.