Deputy Manager-Talent Acquisition at Sannam S4
Views:1167 Applications:251 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Director - Financial Consulting - Consulting Firm (15-18 yrs)
Director - Financial Consulting
Job Description :
- The ideal candidate should be having a minimum of 15+ years- work experience managing national team of financial & tax accountants, human resource professional, company secretarial staff and consultants.
- The candidate should be very confident communicating with clients at all levels and inspiring a growing team of professionals. The candidate should be open and an active team player who is willing to provide new ideas and suggestions and implement them.
- This is a Leadership Position within the business and will report into the CEO/ MD - India and Asia Pacific.
- Act as focal point of leadership for Sannam S4's Financial Consulting division, albeit with support / leadership from CEO/MD-India and Asia Pacific, with regular face to face and other forms of communication to the FC team across India and Asia Pacific (in coming years).
- Ensure all local employees and associates are clear on the strategy of their division, monitor their progress on that journey and ensure they recognize how their individual roles contribute to success. Leading by example, the DOFC will create an entrepreneurial, results oriented and supportive culture that sets Sannam S4 apart from its peers, celebrating individual and company successes.
- It is recognized that the Executive cannot personally perform all of the roles listed, however it is clearly the executive's duty as DOFC through his actions and executive management to enhance the efficacy of his division by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and counselling qualified managers and personnel to be able to perform the tasks and duties detailed herein and be responsible for communicating values, strategies, and objectives to his team, advisors, consultants and other notable stakeholders.
- Working closely with the CEO/MD-India and Asia Pacific, the role will be responsible for assigning accountabilities, developing incentives, planning, monitoring and appraising job results and providing career developmental opportunities for the Heads of Departments and Sr. Managers of his division.
Strategic & Planning :
- Working with the CEO/MD-India and Asia Pacific, within 3 months of starting the role, you will help develop a strategic 2 year business plan for FC division which should include, but not be limited to, a P&L and cash-flow forecast and details on human resourcing, business development, partner strategy, infrastructure provision and sector and new service initiatives.
- Actively oversee and get involved as appropriate for FC division's in ongoing relationships with the local representatives of international governments, particularly with existing relationships the Company holds with the U.S., U.K., Canadian, Irish and Australian Governments in India as well as key Government of India stakeholders
- Actively get involved as appropriate for FC division's ongoing relationships with strategic partners of the Company and with whom Sannam S4 is a member, including but not limited to USISPF, USIBC, AMCHAM, BBG, FICCI, CII etc.
- Working with International marketing and business development team, identify profitable new revenue streams and business opportunities, maximizing the division's resources and skill sets. In particular, work with the sales teams on the development of higher value projects (i.e. consulting contracts of fee value of greater than $50,000 - excludes pass through revenues to drive improved margins and align Sannam S4's support model to orientate more closely to achieving success in the markets that we operate.
- Engage with international marketing and business development teams to ensure through active delegation to appropriate team members in India that they are provided with all the information, ideas and approaches related to the FC division and provide support in the form of proposal/ engagement letter, content, ideas, personnel, case studies and information on new and existing services in order to maximize the revenue of your division.
- Develop and manage strategic and delivery partner relations in the Asia Pacific region monitoring their delivery standards and pricing and ensuring the relationships with these organizations are in the FC division and Company's longer-term interests.
Financial Management & Performance :
- Take overall responsibility for the financial well-being of FC division, with a particular focus on delivering monthly revenue and margin targets, taking actions to protect margin numbers where revenues do not materialize, ensuring regular monthly reporting takes place.
- Revenue generation - motivate your team to focus on revenue generation and reaching out and responding to international marketing and business development teams to drive new opportunities and revenue into the business.
- Clearly demonstrate a positive impact on FC client service fees, addressing and improving fee rates where the company is undervaluing its delivery work.
- Working with your team, create a culture of ownership and accountability
- Prepare budgets for resource requirements to present to CEO/MD-India and Asia Pacific.
- Build and manage the FC's delivery team across India and Asia Pacific, creating an organization structure which is designed for growth and promotes accountability.
- Undertake regular reviews with direct reports and key managers across Company's offices in India In line with the existing performance management process.
- Review and sign-off decisions on any new hires. Ensure that your division does not take on fixed costs where they are not required and doesn- t deviate from agreed budgets without agreement of the CEO/MD-India and Asia Pacific and Director of Finance. Managing the timing of new hires and balance this with new revenues will be of particular importance.
- Ensure the creation of a performance culture through effective deployment of a clear and transparent performance management process. Identify non-performing resources and seek to manage them back to achieving and exceeding on expectations. Where underperformance continues, seek to exit said resources efficiently, effectively and with appropriate HR procedures being strictly adhered to.
- Ensure your team feel engaged with the business through regular face to face and other types of communication. Working via HR, regularly refresh a program of employee engagement initiatives
Service Delivery :
- Provide oversight to team responsible for the delivery of all services in your division including but not limited to Finance & Accounts, Payroll, Tax & Regulatory, Corporate Secretarial, Professional Director Services, HR advisory, Labour compliances and others to ensure we maintain Sannam S4's reputation for delivering a high quality of service to its customers
- Effectively work with Director of Operations and Head of Finance on non-performing accounts, where your division is not delivering demonstrable value to the client and therefore, where the contract may be at risk
- Effectively work with Director of Operations and Head of Finance, to undertake a complete margin assessment of key services and develop plans to address low margin clients and ensure future client acquisition is undertaken as per agreed average margins
- Client satisfaction
- Develop and deploy a methodology for collecting regular client satisfaction
- Engage directly with key clients to ensure clarity on scope of service, pricing, assuring the quality of service delivery and identifying new opportunities
- Ensure all clients have an internal client owner who is responsible for understanding their needs, ensuring Sannam S4 is delivering to those needs and acts a point of ownership within the organization for the client in India and Asia Pacific
- Processes and Procedures
- Work with CEO/MD-India and Asia Pacific and the operations teams to ensure that the business processes exist and operate for FC division in a controlled yet efficient manner (deploying technology where material ROI and / or service improvements are able to be realized), for example:
- Client proposals (Commitment of services/timelines/resource allocation)
- Acceptance of quotations and paperwork associated to client engagement (LOI, contracts, terms and conditions, advanced invoicing and payments etc.)
- Allocation of internal resources for delivery
- On-going client communication and feedback/updates
- Completion of FC's current and new projects
- Review the effective follow up on outstanding Client payments engaging international relationship managers of these clients to ensure a quick resolution to outstanding dues
- Leveraging a successful project for an immediate client reference and case study (for marketing team)
- Other important internal financial, HR or consulting processes such as timesheets, chargeability reporting etc.
- Develop options for the deployment of a technology platform to improve the internal workings of the FC division (akin to an ERP)
- Ensure the required company policies, processes, procedures, client engagement documentation and contracts are in place. Ensure policies and procedures evolve over time to reflect the changing nature of your division and the environment in which it operates.
- With the support of Director of Operations, ensure that our IT infrastructure, tools and support are adequate and ensure suitable security and data backup systems and processes are in place
- Complete periodic risk assessment of services rendered in your division to identify areas which present a material risk to the business achieving its stated objectives and ensure that adequate mitigating actions exist to minimize the likelihood and / or impact of such risks.
- Develop new tools and platforms which add value to our client experience in India and internationally in the form of reporting tools (access to online accounts and expenses statements, online approval procedures, diary tracking etc.), knowledge banks, on-line client and potential client Q&A function
- Identify delivery partners for support services and manage contractual engagement and ongoing performance reviews of suppliers.
- Undertake at least annual reviews of these supplier engagements to ensure best pricing
Reporting Lines :
- Direct report into CEO/MD-India and Asia Pacific
- Support from the India Board of Directors
Direct local reports include :
- Leader of Tax & Regulatory Compliances
- Leader of Financial Operations - Client
- Leader of Client Relations & International Projects
- Leader of HR Advisory