Manager - Recruitment at Strategic Alliance Management Services
Views:822 Applications:263 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Director - Finance - NGO - CA (10-18 yrs)
1. POSITION VACANT: Director- Finance, HelpAge India, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
HelpAge India is a secular, apolitical, non-profit and non-governmental organization, registered under the Indian Societies' Registration Act of 1860. It voices the concerns of India's elderly. Formed in 1978, the organisation's mission is - to work for the cause and care of disadvantaged older persons and to improve their quality of life- .
HelpAge India is one of the founding members of HelpAge International, a high profile confederation of non-profits from 97 member countries, representing the cause of the elderly at the United Nations.
The organisation works in the following areas of Elder Care:
- Currently there are an estimated 106 million elderly in India. HelpAge India advocates for their needs, such as, universal pension, quality healthcare, food security, action against elder abuse and many more, at the national, state and societal levels with the Central and State Governments. It also advocates for elder friendly policies and their implementation.
HelpAge India provides elderly relief through a wide range of agecare interventions, including its large mobile healthcare program providing free healthcare services to destitute elders, physio and cancer care services to terminally ill elders, formation of Elder-Self-Help Groups to enable elders become self-reliant and independent, cataract surgeries for sight restoration, Support-a-Gran program, homecare support for bed ridden patients, training of carers for the elderly, running of Elder Helplines across the country, Relief & Rehabilitation for elders post disasters and the provision of active ageing opportunities.
The organisation works hand-in-hand with Senior Citizens Associations, recognising that serving elder needs requires working with and for them. HelpAge India also empowers senior citizens through Digital Literacy workshops designed to help them keep pace with the online world and become independent. The workshops help make elders aware of Policies, Schemes and Acts beneficial to them, especially the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act and amendments thereto.
For more information about HelpAge India, please visit https://www.helpageindia.org/.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
HelpAge India wishes to fill a key, senior management vacancy for Director - Finance. Reporting to the Country Head - Finance, the post-holder shall support strategic financial planning and control and have direct responsibility and accountability for managing the entire financial and accounting functions of the organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned finance professional, with demonstrated experience of leading the finance and accounts functions, to steer and help achieve HelpAge India's ambitious plans, goals and targets.
The Director - Finance shall be responsible for the following.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Overall responsibility for managing the financial accounting function and associated teams;
(2) Preparation of financial statements for both interim and annual statutory audits, as well as facilitating the entire processes of interim, annual statutory, tax and FCRA audits for HelpAge India, as applicable under the Society's Act;
(3) Compliance with all statutory requirements applicable to HelpAge India, including but not limited to Income Tax, GST and FCRA, including the timely filing of returns. Responsibility shall extend to filing online responses to queries from the IT and FCRA Departments on their portals;
(4) Prudent cash-flow management, ensuring timely payment to all stakeholders, apart from maintenance and updation of Fixed Assets Register;
(5) Performance management and capacity building of staff reporting to the incumbent.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must be professionally qualified Chartered Accountants.
(1) Minimum 10-15 years of relevant experience, of which two to five years should be in a leadership role;
(2) Experience in ERP solutions like ORACLE shall be an advantage;
(3) Prior experience of working with reputed NGOs and/or large and well-managed organisations, shall be preferred;
(4) Experience in directly managing a team of at least 10 members.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Strong competencies in development sector Financial Management, Financial Accounting and Budget Management;
(2) Well-versed and skilled regarding FCRA Rules and Taxation under the Society's Act;
(3) Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications;
(4) Alignment with the cause of the organisation;
(5) Ability to manage timely delivery of responsibilities;
(6) Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem solving.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The gross remuneration budgeted for the position is attractive and shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience, and salary history, of the selected candidate.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: DF-HI
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025