Senior Consultant at Global Stead Consultants
Views:2804 Applications:210 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Director - Finance - Manufacturing (18-26 yrs)
Job Summary :
- Responsible for all accounting practices, budgeting, financial controls, costs, and financial reporting for the Business Unit/Line of Business/Regional Distribution Organization.
- Works with Business Segment Controller to apply consistent accounting practices to the business unit/line of business/regional distribution organization. Participates in the leadership team for the business unit/line of business/regional distribution organization.
Key Responsibilities :
- Directs all accounting practices for the Business Unit/Line of Business/Regional Distribution Organization; leads the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and forecast processes within the Business Unit/Line of Business/Regional Distribution Organization.
- Drives business decisions through strategic financial analysis for the Business Unit/Line of Business/Regional Distribution Organization as part of the leadership team.
- Works with the Business Segment Controller to interpret and apply consistent accounting practices.
- Analyzes business results, determines root causes and prepares recommendations and alternatives for review by management.
- Ensures a strong control environment across the key business cycles.
- Ensures that appropriate resources are available for internal and external financial and process audits.
- Forecasts logistics costs and inventory; provides leadership to business to drive logistics and working capital effectiveness.
- Leads financial analysis on capital projects and overall capital management process.
- Oversees monthly and quarterly financial reporting.
- Directs the implementation of recommended changes to accounting practices.
- Leads efforts to comply with Securities and Exchange Commission reporting requirements to Corporate and other regulatory organizations.
- Drives finance succession planning for the business unit/line of business/regional distribution organization finance organization. Ensures that the finance function is structured to support the business unit/line of business/regional distribution organization needs.
- Coaches and mentors direct reports; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Participates in the leadership team for the business unit/line of business/regional distribution organization.
Qualifications and Competencies :
Business Partnering :
- Collaborates with stakeholders and develops partnerships to drive performance that aligns to organizational goals and strategies; influences the organization by demonstrating knowledge of the business to provide guidance to support the decision making process and guiding the business towards positive results and organizational alignment; evaluates business environment using measures to mitigate risk and capitalize on opportunities.
Financial Planning and Forecasting :
- Utilizes financial forecast data to provide forward looking projections to facilitate decision making; partners with stakeholders to analyze trends and validate assumptions to provide a forecast that aligns to the organization's goals and strategies.
Financial Analysis :
- Interprets financial data by analyzing trends, variances, opportunities and risks to provide insight to stakeholders regarding financial impact to drive business improvement; evaluates financial results against targets to communicate conclusions to all stakeholders; ensures integrity of financial data by investigating variances and determining corrective actions to resolve identified issues.
Ensures accountability : Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Manages ambiguity : Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Develops talent : Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
Business insight : Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
Communicates effectively : Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Drives engagement : Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
Persuades : Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
Situational adaptability : Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Balances stakeholders : Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification required.
- Significant experience required, including strategy, managerial and budgetary experience in a large manufacturing or distribution center environment.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.