Assistant Vice President at New Era India Consultancy - EnWorld
Views:1200 Applications:189 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Director - Finance & Accounts - IT (15-22 yrs)
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes Payroll, Billing/Credit/A/R, A/P, Bank accounting and operations, Book close, Audit, General Ledger Management, inter-company accounting, financial reporting and balance sheet management for Company Indian, American and Canadian entities.
- Develops, implements, and maintains internal control procedures to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Coordinates and oversees the activities relative to internal controls documentation, testing and segregation of duties.
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules. This currently entails review of each Statement of Work and its terms for determination of proper timing of revenue recognition. Involves significant interaction with Sales and Delivery.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and local country GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives and GAAP requirements.
- Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes) and insurance reports. Also, assists Corporate Tax, Treasury and Risk departments with dealing with tax related issues and meeting reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance of applicable taxes, viz., income tax, withholding taxes, VAT, Service Tax, RBI, FEMA, SEZ etc. and all regulatory reporting is completed timely and accurately and the accounting and reporting in line with the applicable accounting standards and completion of statutory required reporting.
- Coordinates external & internal reporting. Assumes principal responsibility for improving and standardizing financial consolidation and reporting processes across the company.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensures that the computer system continues to operate as required. Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Will have direct management responsibility of the following: General Accountants, Billing Manager, Accounts Payable and Payroll Manager.
- Assist company consultants in preparation of work papers supporting various tax filings
- Works closely with cross teams to ensure decision-making is based on the most relevant and timely information available. Provides assistance as required to support budget and forecast assumptions.
Undergraduate Degree in Accounting plus CA/CWA/CPA certification
- 15 - 20 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within a multinational business.
- Strong knowledge of IGAAP, IFRS, US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Working experience with accounting software. ERP will be a plus.
- Experience maintaining books in foreign currency and preparation and reporting of consolidated financial statements is highly desired.
- Prior management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance within a service industry environment desirable.
- Background in automation of accounting processes and engagement in shifting to a different accounting software will be a big plus.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory
- Good working knowledge of MS Office. Working knowledge of database will be a plus.