Director - Finance (14-20 yrs)
Director - Finance
Job Description :
- Experience of managing team of more than 50 members (direct/ Indirect) and ambition to grow the team by multiples;
- Previous experience of working for 5-7 years with similar service provider/consulting service provider; and
- Previous history of managing Indian subsidiaries of foreign clients and international businesses.
- A creative mind-set and the ability to think laterally and commercially
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to manage, motivate and drive teams
Role & Responsibilities :
- Ensure all local employees and associates are clear on the strategy of their division, monitor their progress on that journey and ensure they recognize how their individual roles contribute to success.
- It is recognized that the Executive cannot personally perform all of the roles listed, however it is clearly the executives duty as DOFC through his actions and executive management to enhance the efficacy of his division by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and counselling qualified managers and personnel to be able to perform the tasks and duties detailed herein and be responsible for communicating values, strategies, and objectives to his team, advisors, consultants and other notable stakeholders.
- Working closely with the CEO/MD-India and Asia Pacific, the role will be responsible for assigning accountabilities, developing incentives, planning, monitoring and appraising job results and providing career developmental opportunities for the Heads of Departments and Sr. Managers of his division.
Strategic & Planning :
- Working with the CEO/MD-India and Asia Pacific, within 3 months of starting the role, you will help develop a strategic 2 year business plan for FC division which should include, but not be limited to, a P&L and cash-flow forecast and details on human resourcing, business development, partner strategy, infrastructure provision and sector and new service initiatives.
- Actively oversee and get involved as appropriate for FC divisions in ongoing relationships with the local representatives of international governments, particularly with existing relationships the Company holds with the U.S., U.K., Canadian, Irish and Australian Governments in India as well as key Government of India stakeholders
- Actively get involved as appropriate for FC divisions ongoing relationships with strategic partners of the Company and with other members, including but not limited to USISPF, USIBC, AMCHAM, BBG, FICCI, CII etc.
Service Delivery :
- Provide oversight to team responsible for the delivery of all services in your division including but not limited to Finance & Accounts, Payroll, Tax & Regulatory, Corporate Secretarial, Professional Director Services, HR advisory, Labour compliances and others
- Effectively work with Director of Operations and Head of Finance on non-performing accounts, where your division is not delivering demonstrable value to the client and therefore, where the contract may be at risk
- Effectively work with Director of Operations and Head of Finance, to undertake a complete margin assessment of key services and develop plans to address low margin clients and ensure future client acquisition is undertaken as per agreed average margins
Client Satisfaction :
- Develop and deploy a methodology for collecting regular client satisfaction
- Engage directly with key clients to ensure clarity on scope of service, pricing, assuring the quality of service delivery and identifying new opportunities
- Ensure all clients have an internal client owner who is responsible for understanding their needs, ensuring delivery to those needs and acts a point of ownership within the organization for the client in India and Asia Pacific
Processes and Procedures :
- Work with CEO/MD-India and Asia Pacific and the operations teams to ensure that the business processes exist and operate for FC division in a controlled yet efficient manner (deploying technology where material ROI and / or service improvements are able to be realized), for example:
- Client proposals (Commitment of services/timelines/resource allocation)
- Acceptance of quotations and paperwork associated to client engagement (LOI, contracts, terms and conditions, advanced invoicing and payments etc.)
- Allocation of internal resources for delivery
- On-going client communication and feedback/updates
Internal Standards :
- Ensure the required company policies, processes, procedures, client engagement documentation and contracts are in place. Ensure policies and procedures evolve over time to reflect the changing nature of your division and the environment in which it operates.
- With the support of Director of Operations, ensure that IT infrastructure, tools and support are adequate and ensure suitable security and data backup systems and processes are in place
- Complete periodic risk assessment of services rendered in your division to identify areas which present a material risk to the business achieving its stated objectives and ensure adequate mitigating actions exist.
- Develop new tools and platforms which add value to our client experience in India and internationally in the form of reporting tools (access to online accounts and expenses statements, online approval procedures, diary tracking etc.), knowledge banks, on-line client and potential client Q&A function
Supplier Management :
- Identify delivery partners for support services and manage contractual engagement and ongoing performance reviews of suppliers.
- Undertake at least annual reviews of these supplier engagements to ensure best pricing