Practice Manager at CareerNet Consulting
Views:1572 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Director - Engineering - Software Development (14-20 yrs)
- We look to hire hands-on leader. You will dive deep into the details of the business, operations, and engineering. We need technical, hands-on leaders who can build and grow organizations. You'll need to excel at hiring and developing a team of strong software development engineers. Our services operate at large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence are key. You'll also need to be willing to share big ideas and execute to deliver the next big innovations at a rapid pace.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong technical expertise and people management skills including strong communication and analytical skills with a thorough understanding of product development and successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation, and resolution. You will collaborate with other senior engineering and operational leaders to ensure standards are defined and rapidly adopted.
- 14-20 years of software development experience building large-scale enterprise software or SaaS products.
- 5+ years of experience in building, managing, and growing high-performance software engineering teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Technical leadership and engineering delivery experience in building an end to end self-service proactive solutions with a specific focus on microservices.
- Knowledge of operational metrics requirements for hyper-scale applications. Experience in eCommerce will be a plus.
- Experience driving operational excellence and engineering best practices for large-scale distributed systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.