Senior Executive - Search & Selection at SUCCESSWRKS
Views:2388 Applications:174 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Director - Engineering - Software Development (10-22 yrs)
Opening with San Francisco based firm as a Director of Engineering.
Working Hour & Location:
Regular working hours. Based out of Indiranagar, Bengaluru.
About the Role:
Director Engineering will lead the entire engineering function, that is, the frontend development and backend development teams and will be responsible to set goals, process automation in support of daily Software development projects. He / she will be in charge of the management of technical integrations and relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Director Engineering develops, implements, and maintains software engineering standards and policies.
- Build, develop and guide high-performing talent of Tech Leads and Engineers.
- Drive the strategy, architecture, and development of the software.
- Develop and implement engineering strategies meant for the development of technological tools and processes required for current and future software development
- Drive technical projects with a range of engineering teams to build, design, implement and maintain some of the most diverse scalable platform constructs for a core application.
- Organize activities for the development, implementation, release, and maintenance of projects necessary for software development and sustenance.
- Collaborate and work closely with the senior engineering leadership in defining long-term organizational software strategies and roadmaps.
- Work closely with Product Management and various other functions and enable them by providing scalable and high-quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
- Provide leadership and mentorship of teams and manage collaboration with cross-functional engineering & product teams to streamline and improve adoption of the Authorizations platforms
- Provides support and leadership to development departments, facilitating continuous evolution in both the frontend and backend development teams.
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback on a regular basis.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have an Engineering Degree - B.E/B.Tech/ in any stream. Master's degree preferred.
- Must have at least 10 years of working experience in a senior development engineering department, preferably as a Head of Engineering or should have managed and owned the Tech function in the past.
- At least 5+ years of experience in directly managing a team of Top - Notch engineers.
- Must have spent 2+ years at a start-up or worked in a small and reasonably independent team/development centre.
- Proven and successful record leading an engineering development team and running software development projects.
- Proven ability to attract and hire the best engineering talent.
- Is Up-to-date with emerging technology trends and ability to choose the best for advancement.
- Strong in open source technologies, agile development and Big Data technologies.
- Experience with deploying & running products in a large-scale distributed architecture.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.