Director - Engineering - Product Firm (12-16 yrs)
Director - Engineering - Product Company - Remote - Competitive Pay
Job Role : Director/Senior Director - Engineering
Business Unit : Engineering
Job Location : Bangalore / Hyderabad / Remote
No. of positions : 1
Background to this role :
- You have an opportunity to build a team who are experts in UI / Mobile stack ranging from Stack on the backend is Golang/NodeJS/Python and Android/iOS teams additionally, Frontend is ReactJS.
- You would be leading a team of 20 engineers building applications on Android, iOS, ReactJS, Angular, and other JS frameworks. Work closely with the business teams to shape up the front-end experience of the applications.
- Responsible for all Mobile UI related technical decisions.
- Identify technical process gaps across multiple product lines and ensure seamless execution.
- Own up key Technical KPIs such as PageSpeed, Conversion Ratio, TTFB, etc. and build strong engineering teams.
- Able to multiplex various features | programs, work well with cross-functional teams | identify technical dependencies and ensure smooth execution of ORG goals.
- Provide the vision and roadmap on how redBus embraces the latest web technologies.
- Build quick prototypes and accelerate learning across teams on the newer tech.
- Work closely with Design and Product teams to shape the UX of the product.
- Carry-out A/B's and be data-driven while approaching solutions to problems.
- Mentor and provide the right technical guidance to folks ranging from SE to TL.
Educational Qualification :
Years of Experience (Minimum & Maximum) :
- 12+ years of engineering experience in Mobile and UI browser stack.
What is the nature and scope of responsibilities the candidate should have handled?
- Have a sound understanding of Web technologies, App development, and worked on consumer-facing applications.
- Understand the nuances of developing and scaling Mobile Apps facing consumer markets - listed on App Store or Play console catering to 1M customers.
- Proficient in either Android or IOS and understands all aspects of sound mobile practices.
- Familiar with some of the UI frameworks - ReactJS, AngularJS, Backbone etc.
- Good grasp on Firebase, RoomDB, Gradle, Coco PODS etc.
- Passionate towards building UI rich and mobile and web applications and a strong focus on performance.
- Have the necessary people management skills to carry out the tech-manager role at ease - build teams, take part in hiring actively, collaborate, and execute larger ORG goals.
- Familiar with ES6, PWA, Web Assembly, Light-house Perf tools a plus.
- Understand micro-service architecture, event-driven development, caching strategies etc.