IT Recruiter at Michael Page
Views:195 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Director - Engineering - Java/Dot Net (14-25 yrs)
Job Description :
Our client is seeking a Director of Technology who will be responsible for setting the vision and developing and executing the technology strategy for product development teams. You will be responsible for the overall solution architecture and technical infrastructure, as well as for managing and growing our engineering teams working on the products, and for being the bridge to other technology organizations.
Your qualifications :
- You have 10+ years of experience designing and developing software, with at least 5 years of that spent in technical leadership positions managing engineering teams.
- Experience in working at manager/leading positions with Startups, in smaller settings, or in the E-commerce domain.
- You have experience building highly scalable and distributed systems with an API-first microservices approach and have command over Java or. NET.
- You have a sound grasp of fundamental computer science and software engineering concepts: algorithms, computer architecture, networks and security, distributed systems, design patterns.
- You have knowledge and experience of using cloud computing technologies such as AWS.
- You have a proven track record of leading and growing multi-disciplinary engineering teams and identifying, developing, and retaining high-potential talent.
- You have demonstrated successful collaboration with diverse technical and business teams.
Nice to Have :
- Exposure to data science, analytics platforms, and data-driven business processes.
- Experience with algorithmic marketing approaches.
- Develop a technology roadmap.
- Create a high-performance engineering environment, mentoring and developing managers and engineers in the team, and fostering a working environment where top technology talent is attracted, developed, and retained.
- Demonstrate strong technical skills and the ability to understand and work in complex functional areas, evaluating technical choices and providing guidance on technical architecture.
- Decide on appropriate technology choices for all our systems and components, including evaluating build vs. buy trade-offs.
- Ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with our policies and objectives.
- Manage the overall technology budget and plan the strategic growth of the team.
- Be an excellent communicator both inside your organization and with teams in other Cimpress businesses.