HR Manager at Aasaanjobs
Views:1533 Applications:20 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Director - Engineering - Front End - Recruitment Firm - IIT/NIT/BITS (10-15 yrs)
About Aasaanjobs (an OLX Group Company):
- Aasaanjobs.com is a recruitment company for entry level blue grey-collar jobs in the country. We are in the process of creating a digital identity for millions who play such a crucial role in the ever-expanding service industry of the country. A platform to truly address the - Next Billion Users- .
- The company is focused on disrupting the extremely frictional recruitment industry by making the process quick, convenient and smooth for all the collaborators. The play-field is a multi-billion-dollar domestic market and an even bigger international market which is looking for meaningful consolidation. Such a consolidation would ensure that people are not haggling with sub-standard products but are being offered a delightful one.
- Started in 2014, the team is composed of young, energetic and highly motivated IIT Bombay alumni, coming from different professional backgrounds.
Website - www.aasaanjobs.com
Seed Round - January 2015 - Inventus, IDG
Series A - November 2015 - Aspada, IDG, Inventus
Series B - November 2018 - Naspers/Olx
Job Role :
- As the Director of Engineering (frontend) at Aasaanjobs, you will lead a team of engineers to ship delightful experiences to every stakeholder visiting Aasaanjobs mobile web/website. We expect that you will be both mentor and team leader for your engineers. This means that you will help with technical decisions, coach the careers of the engineers reporting to you, and partner with stakeholders cross-functionally - and you will definitely be writing code. On a typical day, you can expect to to coach engineers to level up their technical and soft skills, to plan and scope future projects, and to help fix a small bug or guide a new feature development.
- If you're an experienced engineering leader with extensive knowledge about Frontend Web development, who also has a passion for building delightful user experiences, join us!
- Work with the product team to design new features, and then implement them.
- Maintain and optimize new and existing code with an emphasis on quality and re-usability
- Ensure the technical feasibility of product discussions and UI/UX mocks
- Key contributor for technical guidance and solutions to technical problems that may arise
- Key contributor in technical design and architecture processes
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Production application management, including Dev-ops, support and troubleshooting
What we are looking for
10 - 15 years of exp
- B.Tech/M.Tech degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience from premier college (IIT/NIT/BITS).
- 8-12 years of work experience, with minimum relevant experience of 2 years, possessing a healthy mix of delivery and solutions architecture capabilities.
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Solid understanding of DOM models and browser fundamentals is must. Candidate should be hands on with the latest trends in frontend development like Progressive Web Apps, Accelerated Mobile Pages etc.
- Good understanding of Node.js and some full stack experience. While you'll be spending most of your time in the V of MVC, we'll occasionally need help further back in the stack
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, service workers.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and workarounds
- Good understanding of SEO principles including web analytics and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- The desire to be continually learning about emerging technologies/industry trends
Location - HSR Layout, Bangalore
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.