Head Recruitment at Athos Consulting
Views:398 Applications:84 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:79
Director - Engineering - FinTech (10-20 yrs)
LOCATION : SARJAPURA BENGALURU
To lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
- Provide technical leadership to deliver software solutions that exceed customer and stakeholder expectations.
- You will constantly pursue and learn industry leading/innovative solutions. Build high awareness of open-source technologies and communities that enable high volume low latency systems.
- Lead a culture of innovation and experimentation, support full software development lifecycle that incorporates the best of technology approaches and delivery methodologies.
- Engage with developers in day to day activities and helping in review of design, coding and the SDLC tasks.
- Stepping into code where and if needed and be a hands-on leader
- Ensure on time product releases that are of high quality, enabling the core vision of next generation card processing systems compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Promote a fun and high engagement culture, with a results orientated focus. Hire, mentor, motivate and retain the best talent.
- Collaborate with peer technology and product teams across different locations.
- Leading a team in an environment which includes modern web frameworks and complex transaction processing systems leveraging a broad set of technology stacks (Java, Vert.x, Node.js, React, Cassandra, Kafka, Java, Mainframes, Oracle, DB2, REDIS etc.)
- Communicate to senior leaders with regard to strategy direction and changes.
Critical Factors to Success:
- Excellent judgment and constant pursuit of higher standards, a passion to build and champion high efficiency teams.
- Is aware of the latest details of the business & technology trends
- Expects and drives innovation
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Out of box thinking
Overall 8+ years of experience in developing and delivering leading- edge software solutions coupled with a proven experience in building teams from scratch and growing individuals into leaders.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, with the ability to create and deliver effective presentations to leadership across the organization
- Proven ability to influence and drive delivery across a geographical distributed organization
- Experience attracting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
- Experience with applications with high throughput and low latency needs.
- Experience building highly available and low latency distributed systems. Experience building systems as service-oriented architecture and/or micro-services architecture.
Knowledge of Platforms:
- Hands on development experience in modern technologies - Java, Go, Vert.x, React, Envoy, gRPC, ProtoBuf, JSON, etc. along with strong knowledge on databases including NoSQL DBs like Couchbase and Cassandra, J2EE
- Experience in CI/CD tools like Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Bamboo, Kubernetes, etc.
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective