AVP Recruitment at Squareroot
Views:623 Applications:113 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:83
Director - Engineering - B2B SaaS Product - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (10-15 yrs)
We are profit making B2B SAAS based Product Startup Company serving Customers in North America, Europe & In India. Expanding Engineering Team in Bangalore, India.
Position: Director Engineering (70% People, Process Management & 30% Technology)
Location: Bangalore, India / Remote/ Hybrid
Experience: 10 to 15 yrs
Domain: eCommerce, B2B SAAS, ERP,
Budget: 80 to 100 L.p.a
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or related field from Premium Institutes
- 10+ years of work experience in software development and 5+ years as a leadership role.
- A strong leader (Must have worked in Startups -managed 5 to 20 Member Team), mentor & people manager.
- Deep Understanding of Python, Java, Golang, Node.JS, SAAS/enterprise grade technologies.
- Experience in building and running distributed systems for 24x7 online services at scale.
- Deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems
- Strengths in problem-solving, issue resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience. Engaging and influencing peers and executives.
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
Besides skills we are looking:
- Startup and Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Execution oriented - Ability to think big - Collaborative mindset.
Dimensions of role:
- Work with the Chief Technology Officer and with other functional leaders in the company. Install best practices for software development, ensure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management : prioritization, planning of projects and features; stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments.
- Work closely with Engineering Managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Set up the organization & processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality.
- Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption.
- Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- Architecting and engineering solutions which can meet the requirement of unknown customer buying off the shelf products
- Engage with product management and CTO office team to drive the functionality, usability and other non-functional requirements and hence the solution for the same
- Ensure on-time launches by managing design, development, and integration efforts according to a standard or customized project plan
- Be a champion of engineering excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence. Implement a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing front line managers and engineers.