Director - Engineer - IT (14-20 yrs)
- React JS / React Native / iOS / Android / Java / Scala and a variety of other JVM frameworks.
- Aurora, RDS, Elastic Search, Redis, Arango DB, MongoDB, MySQL, Snowflake, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Our iOS and Android apps are built using highly optimized React Native code
- We are deployed in AWS and GCP and use many services provided by both cloud providers.
- We follow microservices architecture and agile methodologies to build quality products.
- We continually look for investing in cutting edge tools that help us stay ahead of the competition.
- Our domain is unique, so are our problems, so it is important that we keep researching new areas in tech.
- We always keep a balance in the number of features, sets and core R&D areas.
We are building India's largest auto-tech company so we have to make sure that we build a solid foundation based on sound engineering practices and Engineering Managers will play a great role in helping us achieve that role.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Role of Engineering Manager is very critical for as you will be responsible for building "Product Engineering" thinking into our daily development lifecycle. Identifying common services, patterns and configurability to build systems which can be configured to cater to new requirements easily.
- Writing high quality code to achieve business goals
- Working with various cross-functional teams to understand their needs, offering them solutions and setting and managing their expectations
- You will regularly read tech blogs, books, and enhance your knowledge. You are someone who keeps an eye on the best of the product designs across the world and how best tech companies solve problems at scale.
- You understand what, how and why of tech stacks and can defend your decisions with sound engineering fundamentals and data.
- You understand how the web works. Why things fail in production and when they fail how to provide a quick fix and long-term solution.
- You understand how frameworks are designed and how platforms are developed. You understand security aspects, Containers, Production monitoring.
- You have in-depth knowledge of Java and its ecosystem. You do not mind learning new languages and writing code if that's what brings the best solutions.
- You are a hands-on leader who talks through his code and solution design.
- You can go into open-source code and identify how those solutions can be included in products.
- You understand the costing aspect of every engineering decision and apply proper reasoning before deploying solutions.
- You will be expected to build A/B frameworks, high performance web apps, Central Security Systems, highly configurable business workflows, recommender systems and apply the latest algorithms to solve daunting problems.
We wish to expose our internal products to the rest of the industry which will give us a definitive advantage over our competitors.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.