Director - Digital Transformation - IT (12-19 yrs)
Director - Digital Initiatives is a senior-level role responsible for delivering the portfolio of digital solutions that enhances business decision making, digital employee experience and elevates the digital dexterity of the workforce. This critical leader has an endless curiosity for new technology, is relentless in their pursuit of new ways of working and has strong business relationship acumen. This role is pivotal to delivering the future of work by crafting a digital backbone and strategy that supports the workforce of today and the future.
The person shall report to Head IT and would be the champion of digital employee experience at responsible for four key areas:
- Creating a culture that enables digital dexterity - the ambition and ability to use technology for better business outcomes
- Building a partnership among key stakeholders and line of business (LOB) leaders to ensure that digital initiatives support business outcomes
- Delivering business-enabling technology by harmonizing applications within a digital workplace framework
- Developing a digital Initiatives strategy that delivers a productive and positive digital employee experience
B. Key Responsibilities:
The candidate shall be responsible for the following:
Innovation & Initiatives
- Develop digital Initiatives ambition that provides focus to program goals to modernize applications, support new ways of working and enable business Initiatives
- Direct the awareness of and experimentation with disruptive and innovative digital solutions such as ERP, HRMS, Integrated workplace solutions, learning management systems, Business analytics & Automation leveraging such as AI, ML, AR/VR/SR, and immersive meeting solutions
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to members of the digital Initiatives team on the selection and support of applications to support business outcomes
- Seek out innovative technology trends that should be brought into the workplace and gather digital workplace best practices by participating in continuing education, peer groups and industry events
- Support and facilitate innovative digital workplace solutions, applications, and strategies to test new ideas to support the future of work
- Demonstrate digital dexterity and create a culture of workforce digital dexterity by driving leadership in adoption (what), enablement (how) and influence (why) to drive digital business goals (when)
- Involve business process management mindset to optimize work processes by rethinking, simplifying, and redesigning
- Explore and improve how employees digitally engage with each other, as well as with customers and business partners.
- Popularize new technology and applications to drive business innovation throughout the organization.
- Utilize organizational change management best practices to drive technology adoption.
- Foster the rise of the transformative business technologist who applies specialized technical skills to the digital workplace application autonomously to deliver competitive business results
Strategy & Roadmap:
- Build and maintain key stakeholder partnerships across LOBs to ensure alignment of digital Initiatives office strategy to support mission-critical business outcomes
- Partner with HR to understand employees' current challenges and experience, new roles and responsibilities, demographic changes in the workforce, globalization initiatives, changes in organizational structure, and hiring and skills requirements. Incorporate this knowledge into digital workplace planning.
- Partner with facilities to create a smart workplace that supports the future of work. Today's workforce desires a work environment that is flexible, intelligent, and connected, and the shift to hybrid working requires a renewed focus on applications to support employee experience.
- Participating in crafting a digital Initiatives strategy that aligns application selection with business objectives for digital Initiatives
- Lead the development, publication, and maintenance of the digital workplace framework for contextualizing swift business decision making, employee attention and connective services
Adoption, Governance & Change:
- Solicit business sponsorship for digital workplace projects and initiatives to ensure efforts are aligned with business needs
- Collaborate with colleagues in internal communications to communicate how digital workplace applications benefit employees through enablement campaigns
- Organize and lead a digital Initiatives office steering committee, which plans and governs digital workplace initiatives in specific business areas and across the organization
- Support the digital Initiatives enablement lead in the creation of a digital workplace champions network to support initiatives and new ways of working
- Regularly measure digital maturity through analysis and tracking of ambition, accomplishments, and business impact
- Develop procedures and processes to support and maintain digital workplace applications.
- Manage and govern technology and services vendors.
- Work closely with colleagues in IT, Corporate Services functions, Business LOBs to measure the business impact using digital employee experience (DEX), digital experience monitoring (DEM) and application performance monitoring (APM) tools
- Work with IT security to ensure that applications are effectively secured
- Define success criteria of digital workplace strategy by aligning with measurable short-term and long-term business objectives
C. Job Specifications:
Qualifications - B.E/B. Tech in CS/IT or relevant experience
- 12+ years of experience in direct management of employee experience or digital workplace applications, including enterprise ERP's, SaaS Solutions, HRMS, LMS, intranet, web portal, cloud office and/or digital collaboration applications in enterprise organizations
- 5+ years of innovation and organizational change management experience
- 5+ years of business stakeholder/champion management experience working with a cross-functional team of digital workplace application leaders
- 3+ years of direct supervisory experience mentoring and developing application leaders
- Possesses strong expertise in multiple digital workplace applications
- Experience working on a geographically distributed team
- Proven ability to manage rapidly changing business priorities, processes, or technologies
- Experience managing an application portfolio with a diverse set of digital workplace applications
- Strong experience in managing Digital initiative budgets & vendor management
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS PPT, MS Visio, MS Word
D. Key Core, Technical & Behavioral Competencies:
- Enablement mindset. The ability to focus on empowering and ensuring that employees have the motivation and knowledge to fully exploit IT-supplied technology.
- Change advocacy/management. The ability to effectively guide and sustain change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Leadership. The ability to build teams, balance team and individual responsibilities, and achieve goals through others not directly under the leader's supervision.
- Interpersonal skills. Ability to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals. Able to build and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Communication. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts to business leaders and business concepts to technologists, and to sell ideas and processes internally at all levels.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities. Combines and organizes information into meaningful patterns; identifies underlying relationships, causes and effects; and combines pieces of information to form conclusions or general rules
- Presence or "gravitas." The ability to develop initiatives and drive cultural and behavioral change across the organization and all levels of the business.
- Fearlessness. Does not shy away from big ideas.
- Flexibility. Willing to roll up the sleeves and help or diving into details when necessary.
- Digital dexterity. Personally, digitally dexterous, able to leverage and quickly reskill on digital technology as it evolves.
- Vision. The ability to see and explain how the company can exploit technology to improve employee experience and engagement.
- Customer-centric mindset. Passionate about driving improvements to employee experience.
- Delivery-focused. Results oriented mindset with the drive to deliver exceptional services.
- Pragmatic and detail oriented. Consistently takes a thorough, accurate, organized, and productive approach. Strong organizational skills, including an ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Influence. Ability to gain agreement and support for ideas and initiatives. Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders to adopt and champion new ways of working.
- Business-results-oriented. Seeks to understand business needs and works to anticipate, identify, and meet employee needs.