Recruiter at Angel HR Executive Search & Solutions
Views:632 Applications:204 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Director - Digital Engineering (10-15 yrs)
- Create & Refine the Strategy of Digital Engineering for K-C with inputs from across DTS and the functions/Business Units as well as strong external inputs
- Setup and Own Key Technical Standards on Engineering and continuously refine them with evolution of technology and business needs
Direct responsibility of a number of Centres of Enablement including :
- Digital Automation - to conceive, design, build & run Automation capabilities and drive business value thereof. This would include Robotic Process Automation (RPA) as well as Cognitive Automation on core technology platforms including BluePrism, Automation Anywhere as well as Microsoft Azure & AWS
- Digital Integration - to conceive the strategy and provide oversight for build & run of integration on key platforms including Mulesoft and SAP. Drive an API first approach and promote reuse and optimization. As we embark on the Digital Core transformation with SAP S/4, this role will also lead the integration work for that program
- Lead the team on DevOps to establish key enablers on CI/CD and promote its usage and adoption across development teams
- User Experience with JBUX - to promote user experience technologies across systems (for both internal as well as external use)
- Will have direct responsibility on platform development and how to leverage engineering practices to increase velocity of code releases and higher automation
- Set direction on Tools and technologies including Low code development, open source adoption
- Heavy InDirect responsibilities and influence role in other areas in partnership with Enterprise Architecture
- Enable the strategy and realize the vision for Infrastructure as a code and migration to cloud and design for scalability within the cloud with serverless architecture
- Partner with data leadership in shaping Data Engineering - adoption of AI-ML and inclusion of algorithms in applications
- Evolve higher level of maturity and setup of further Centers of Enablement (including those embedded in delivery teams) to ensure best technology support
- Be the thought leader on Engineering, drive Engineering excellence across working closely with technology leaders.
- Along with Enterprise Architecture, provide thought leadership on emerging technologies.
- Performing market and competitive analysis on IT and Digital tools. Personally provide technology Leadership & be the evangelist of modern digital technologies
- Build and foster strong external relationships especially with technology partners
- Develop strong relationship with Functional Capability & Delivery teams - to support them on use of engineering & technologies and to drive convergence with the COEs.
- Develop strong relationship with the Business Unit IT leaders to spot opportunities and evangelize the use of Digital technologies.
- Drive efficiencies in design and build of IT products by leveraging enterprise scale and appropriate tooling in engineering
- Talent Development - Lead the talent strategy in how to hire and retain best engineering talent. Be the sponsor for Engineering talent across as a role model and personal evangelist. Along with other teams drive Engineering expertise. Create community of practices
- Seek ongoing improvements in the service delivery performance, provide insight into decision-making and report on business outcomes through tracking and measuring KPIs
- Drive with speed and agility and an entrepreneurial mindset in driving Digital Engineering and Technologies
- Model company values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives
Key Accountabilities :
- Information and Digital Technologies Strategic Leadership: The IT Director is responsible for establishing a trusted relationship with key stakeholders and being a connected, influential player with Global and Regional Leadership. This role will understand and contribute to business directions and goals, define an IT strategic plan aligned/embedded with the business strategy. They will ensure governance and alignment of business demand with supply, leveraging K-C IT portfolio of services. They will communicate plan effectively and gain support from key stakeholders, including business leaders and IT Regional leaders.
- Engineering/Platform Delivery: The IT Director develops a depth of understanding in business operational capabilities, IT service delivery, committed / delivered service levels in being accountable to assuring stable operations. They will have depth of knowledge and understanding of cyber risks, K-C security posture, processes and procedures. They will be an active leader in providing the right security / privacy posture and ensure operational discipline in securing K-C employees. They will provide visibility to stakeholders with ongoing communication and reporting and ensure compliance to K-C IT security and controls framework.
- Portfolio Management: The IT Director develops and agrees to an on-going project portfolio to achieve the business strategy, taking into account business objectives, corporate priorities, technology /data opportunities, and cost pressures. They will lead, jointly with peers in the function, the delivery of initiatives, ensuring the timely and on budget delivery of IT components. They will provide prioritization guidelines and lead a focused agenda. With adept understanding of business value, they will drive clear prioritization of value driving initiatives of business impact.
- Talent development and management : The IT Director manages the IT Operating Model with 30+ internal employees and external third-party resources and processes. They should be consistently improving their operating model and processes. He/she will ensure that the IT Team delivers in a high performing, agile, and focused team. The IT Director will engage and motivate employees and resources and coach them on the use of new tools and methodologies including agile approaches to design and development and lean ways of working. The IT Director is expected to bring thought leadership and the development of methodologies and tools to enhance performance.
- Capabilities and Digital leader: With a strong focus on improving business processes and deep expertise in data, algorithms, UX, APIs, platforms, RPA & Smart automation, BOTS, eco-systems, (1) Enabling data driven / algorithm enabled organization, (2) Driving frictionless journeys and automation, (3) Utilizing digital metrics that focus on outcomes of initiatives rather than checking the box on projects delivered, and (4) Enabling right focus thru a value centric approach instead of chasing the hype.
Key Qualifications And Experiences :
- An Engineering degree with focus on information technology ; Post Graduate Masters in Technology / Business Management preferred
- 10-15 years experience in IT with hand-on expertise & experience on design & build on Digital Technologies
- Experience of being part of large scale digital transformations and with direct technical/engineering contribution to the same
- Experience of having successfully led engineering teams . Experience of both internal engineering/development teams and vendor partners is preferred
- Experience with capability/product development, including visioning, road mapping, feature prioritization and go to market strategy
- Demonstrated skills in application delivery, client relationship management, strong sense of urgency in delivering results, business knowledge, intuition and judgment, Recognized leader in your business domain is preferred.
- Experience of managing global teams across cultures and time-zones and working with peers/stakeholders globally will be preferred. High cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity, strong communication/collaboration is necessary in this role
- Acumen to manage cost effective delivery with trade-offs and to manage project & operations budgets
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship-building skills conducive to collaboration at all levels.
- Experience as a change agent and evangelist at senior levels of the organization.
- (Standard) Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.