Leadership Hiring at Mancer Consulting
Views:254 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Director - Data Protection Head - Banking Captive (15-22 yrs)
Head - Director Data Protection
An outstanding opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure security lead who is passionate about Data Protection. This position within Data Protection and Application Security area will be responsible for working closely with key stakeholders to ensure the firms Data Protection capabilities that include Data Leakage Prevention, Information Rights Management, Unstructured Data at Rest scanning, Encryption and Key Management, Cloud Security Management, are being delivered at levels necessary to support business outcomes while being able to demonstrate control effectiveness through the development and delivery of capabilities KRI/KPI. You will use knowledge and industry expertise to oversee the design, development, and implementation of security solutions. You will be involved in leadership of a team and you will be responsible for defining and executing the data protection strategy for the firm, performing the responsibilities of an IT Ownership e.g. maintaining the firms data protection services which including lifecycle, access management, vendor, commercial and risk management.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Support the divisions with deployment of global initiatives related to data protection as well as supporting implementation of remediation projects on data security including data classification, encryption, tokenization.
- Reviewing policies and draft new supplements as the need arises with the objective to improve adoption of regulatory requirements and standard methodologies.
- Proactively managing partners' communications related to deliverables, risks, changes and dependencies.
- Encouraging a data protection culture among employees and communicating the data protection policies & standards to partners.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Bank, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgement regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and raising, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Your future colleagues
Data Protection and Application Security include 7 capabilities including DLP, Cloud Security, PKI, Certificate Management, Application Protection. Currently our department counts approximately 150 people in 4 regions: EMEA, America, APAC and Switzerland. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
We are looking for:
- Proven track record in an equivalent role and extensive experience of progressively responsible experience in IT
- Proven track record of defining strategy and delivering complex IT services to a diverse clientele, leveraging ITIL best-practices (Service Design, Transition, Operation, Improvements)
- Ability to effectively navigate in complex IT organization (global exposure, diverse IT technologies/services on different levels L1, L2, engineering)
- Outstanding communication skills; high standard of written communication including preparing & giving presentation for senior management
- Clear understanding of IT infrastructure components and information security (in particular solutions protecting data, including data leakage, encryption, classification for both on-premise and cloud services), a depth and breadth of supporting technical knowledge or specialisms
- Experience in taking accountability for the challenges in your product portfolio
- Extensive experience of leadership
- Proactive and goal driven personality
- Graduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related subject; alternatively, an equivalent education in one of these topics or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience across project management, data security and / or data leakage prevention applied to safeguarding data assets across multiple jurisdictions
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Nice to have:
- Experience in IT in Financial sector
- ITIL certification at Intermediate level will be an asset
- Security certification is an advantage: CISSP, CISA, CISM
- Good understanding of policies, standards and guidelines around data protection
- Self-starter, result oriented, dedicated, hardworking, and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standard