Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:3548 Applications:110 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Director - Credit Risk - Bank (20-25 yrs)
Our Client an international bank, headquartered in Europe has retained our services to identify a Director- Credit Risk to be based at Mumbai.
Responsible for quality of the lending portfolio through timely and prudent approval of loan proposals, consistent with the bank's credit policy. Also responsible for credit risk policy/credit decision making and refinement of the Credit Risk Management Framework.
Ensure appropriate and relevant lending standards and credit policies are maintained and updated as necessary depending on changing business strategy/market/risk conditions.
- Responsible for handling credit analysis - industry dynamics, evaluating shareholding structure and management setup, operations and financial performance, financial modelling, risk-mitigant analysis.
- Maintain compliance with internal risk policy and pricing hurdles for all deals.
- Organize credit work flow so as to minimize turnaround time for new deals and manage overdues for existing files.
- Detailed understanding of credit policy/credit risk management and commercial lending, coupled with detailed knowledge of trade finance is necessary.
- Possess a well-founded expertise of all commercial banking risk principles and be aware of the business environment as a whole. A balanced view of risk management is essential.
- Require to work with people in a dynamic and complex business environment.
- Require a full understanding of all types of lending business the bank undertakes and its competitors- positions.
- Substantial knowledge about the structure and dynamics of various industries
- In depth understanding of the financial requirements of various corporates and various financial products
- Financial modelling skills for appraisal of the viability of a project as well as financial restructuring.
- Ideal candidates should be Chartered Accountants or MBA's from premium business schools with at least 20 years experience in a similar function in a commercial bank.