Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:3080 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:71
Director - Company Secretary - NBFC (15-20 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well-established, professionally managed, NBFC an affiliate of a large Foreign Bank, to identify a Company Secretary to be based at Mumbai. The position is at the level of a Director.
Job purpose -
- To guide company directors about the day-to-day management of their organizations, including compliance with legal and statutory requirements.
- To hold a strategic position at the heart of governance operations within an organization and act as a point of communication between the board of directors and company shareholders.
- Liaising with government departments and regulatory authorities for obtaining necessary sanctions and ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensure timely and effective legal solution to all issues faced by the organization.
- Organize shareholder meeting and Board of Directors meeting and prepare minutes of meetings in compliance with laws, including follow up matters arising from the meetings resolutions.
- Advise the Board of Directors on relevant legal issue that must be used in performing their duties for benefits to the Bank.
- To ensure compliance's under the Companies Act, SEBI Act, Reserve Bank of India guidelines and group policies, and other relevant economic legislation's.
- To establish and drive implementation of Corporate Governance norms and disclosure requirements, listing regulations, code of ethics, code of conduct, etc.to ensure transparency in all operations.
- To ensure the arrangement and holdings of various board/committee/general meetings and preparing notice, agenda, minutes, reports, policies.
- Promotion, formation and incorporation of new companies and matters related therewith. Filing, registering documents including forms, returns and applications.
- Maintenance of secretarial records, statutory books and registers.
- Filing of returns with Registrar of Companies.
- Take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns.
- Follow up on actions from meetings.
- Oversee policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval.
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries.
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant Bank stakeholders.
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advise members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Responsible for share issues, mergers and takeovers etc.
- Transfer & Transmission of Shares, Demat of Shares and corresponding with shareholders.
- Listing of Shares and Securities on Stock Exchange.
- Coordination with Registrar and Share transfer agency office ensuring proper maintenance of the register of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership of the company.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work.
- The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure.
- The capability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members.
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information.
- A sound grasp of corporate governance issues.
- A commercial frame of mind.
Candidates should be qualified Company Secretary, with 15 to 20 years relevant experience in a bank or large NBFC.
Interested candidates meeting with the above requirements may please respond with a recent photograph and resume in word format
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.