Director - Collections & Loss Mitigation - Financial Services (10-23 yrs)
Director - Collections & Loss Mitigation
- You will set up the overall strategy, establish priorities, and manage a team of analysts while supporting hands-on tactical activities as necessary to achieve the Company's goals. Your focus is to establish processes and systems to help MPOWER's borrowers achieve their potential, thereby ensuring that they are able to repay their loans. Key strategic initiatives include:
- Formulating collections strategies that are effective in helping borrowers through periods of financial hardship
- Building programs and resources to support borrowers with respect to career success and financial literacy
- Establishing and managing relationships with partners to provide services that are beneficial to the career and financial success of our customers
- Utilizing quantitative analyses to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and capacity planning
THE QUALIFICATIONS :
- Undergraduate degree, with Masters or higher preferred
- 10 years experience with progressively increased responsibility (preferably in Financial Services), with at least five years in a management/leadership role
- Experience and expertise with consumer credit performance
- Proven ability using quantitative data-driven analyses to deliver improved business performance
- Comfortable in a tech-heavy environment but able to explain technical and quantitative concepts to non-technical audiences
- A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must, as well as comfortable working with a global team across multiple-time zones and sites!
- In addition, you should be comfortable working in a fast growth environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.