Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:3544 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Director - Cancer Screening Services (10-16 yrs)
- Indian Cancer Society was established in 1951 by Dr. D.J. Jussawalla and Mr. Naval Tata as India's first voluntary, non-profit, National Organization for Awareness, Detection, Cure and Survivorship of those affected with this disease with thevision "To be the Beacon of Hope against cancer." Indian Cancer Society has been doing sterling work in fighting cancer across India. It has been and continues to be the beacon of hope for thousands of underprivileged cancer patients. Most of the patients come to us from all over the country and cant afford two meals a day. In such cases undergoing treatment is beyond their capacity. The society is entirely dependent on public support for its various activities concerned with financing the treatment and rehabilitation of cancer patients and for spreading cancer awareness and its early detection.
The primary activities of Indian Cancer Society are:
- Creating nationwide awareness of cancer, its risk factors, preventive measures, encouraging regular checkups,treatment options and survivorship.
- Providing for early detection of cancer through cancer detection centers and mobile cancer detection camps across India, especially for the underprivileged.
- Providing funds for the treatment of cancer for poor cancer patients across India Providing support during and after treatment to poor cancer patients through accommodation, rehabilitation, and survivor support groups.
- Gathering and collating data through the population based cancer registry for Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur and Aurangabad (ICS is the only NGO to run a cancer registry), and providing analytic and projected reports on the incidence of cancer. Providing a medium for the dissemination of information and research findings to the medical fraternity through the Indian Journal of Cancer.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES :
Mr. Kewal Nohria-Chairman Mr. M KSharma-Vice chairman Mr. Naveen Kshatriya-Hon. Secretary & Jt.Managing Trustee Mr. Uday Khanna-Hon. Treasurer & Jt. Managing Trustee Mr. Suresh Goklaney-Jt.Hon.Treasurer Dr. Vinay Deshmane-Jt. Hon. Secretary Mr. K A Narayan-Jt. Hon. Secretary Mrs. Usha Thorat-Trustee Dr. Anita Borges-Trustee
REASON FOR THE HIRE:
- This is a replacement position within the organization.
- The incumbent will be responsible for increasing the reach of cancer screening programs across geographies with a view to early detection and carry through to further diagnostic test and treatment.
- S/he would be responsible for the entire operations, budgeting and relationship management of the screening department.
STRUCTURE AND ROLE DETAILS
Reports toDirector General Close working relationship with Senior Program Managers
Location:Mumbai, with regular travel to project locations Full-time employment terms
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Budgeting Developing budgets, camp costing, procedures and policies for the department (back office support, field operations, pre and post camp procedures, rural awareness, tracking of suspect cases etc.)
- Operations End to end planning and managing Cancer Screening Services at various locations through camps and/or mobile vans. Increasing the reach of screening facilities using various mechanisms including targeting population in industrial townships.
- Ensuring field operations are meticulously planned and carried out in a professional manner.
- Ensuring quality of operations and accuracy of reports including timely delivery. Analyzing the findings and trends in the incidence of cancer and the follow through of suspect cases.
People Management Hiring and developing staff which includes competent paramedics, and technicians.
Relationship Management - Liaising and networking with various state and central government agencies, other NGOs and related organisations for furthering the objective of ICS in advocacy, and screening through partnerships and collaborations. In addition, the management may also assign jobs to you in keeping with the requirements of the organisation and senior level participation in various corporate activities.
COMPETENCIES AND SOFT SKILLS :
Committed to the Cause:
- Demonstrates a high commitment to the cause and a selfless attitude to work for the social good.
People Skills: Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership.
- Ability to support local staff.
- Ability to work with affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Train and motivate team members and also manage unionized workforce.
- Design and manage performance, training & development, compensation for employees. Communication
Skills: Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of ICS.
- This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to ICS's core values and humanitarian principles.
Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under pressure and as per the work demands.
- Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner. Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: o Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
- Has experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress.
Work style: Is well planned and organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Opportunity Scanning : Proactively looks for opportunities to identify new areas and geographies where screening camps can be held. Analytical Ability: Must be able to identify and define problems, extract key information from data and develop workable solutions for the problems identified
10 plus years of experience in a similar role in a non-profit setting Experience and demonstrated comfort dealing with complex operating environments, comprising remote teams, challenging field conditions, and cultural, linguistic diversity Preferably a qualified medical practitioner
CHALLENGES : Establishing a collaborative working relationship within the team to ensure service delivery
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.