Leader at HeadSpace HR
Views:1212 Applications:304 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:206
Director - Business Development - Aerospace & Defence Sector (15-25 yrs)
- As a Head Business Development you will be responsible for
- To identify new business development opportunities for the A&D sector, based on a sound technical knowledge and a clear understanding of the market.
- Ability to qualify and match opportunities to the Company's capabilities and aspirations.
- Transform the long term strategic marketing and technology vision of the A&D business unit marketing into actionable and targeted customer opportunities, bridging the gap between strategic marketing and sales account management.
- The job holder will work closely with the BD group leadership and R&D group to understand the company's key areas of expertise and to identify opportunities to introduce that technology into new commercial applications.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with target companies within the A&D sector.
- To make proposals to the A&D business unit leadership team to develop new commercial opportunities, including the identification of new products, in line with the company's strategic development plan.
- Participate in the annual sales forecasting and budgeting process
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing, engineering, finance and operations team to define new commercial programs and lead the initial gate review process.
- He / she will initiate new development programs, and function as the commercial point of contract with the customer.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in engineerin or equivalent fields or commensurate additional work experience.
- Is likely to have a background in both product development and business development within the defined technology fields..
- Will have a strategic mindset backed up by strong business acumen, enabling the jobholder to identify new commercial opportunities.
- A minimum of 5 - 10 years relevant, senior level industrial work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to generate and maintain effective presentation materials
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and MBA
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of relevant experience
- Interpersonal skills Communication skills