Senior Consultant at 3P Consultants
Views:2983 Applications:24 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Director/Associate Director - Statutory Audit - BFSI (10-25 yrs)
About Company :
SKP & Co. LLP is a growing professional services group head quartered in Mumbai and located in 6 major cities across India. They specialize in providing business & tax guidance and accounting services to domestic as well as international companies. The group is part of Nexia International, a leading global network of independent accounting and consulting firms. Being part of the global network, the organization is moving towards implementing new systems & processes that match up to the international standards.
Apart from consulting on entry strategies to implementing business set-up and Mergers & Acquisitions transactional support, the SKP team also assists clients with assurance, domestic and international tax, transfer pricing, corporate services, and finance & accounting outsourcing matters, all under one roof. The team is dedicated to ensuring clients receive continuity of support, right across the business lifecycle.
The firm is growing aggressively today and has put up international offices such as UAE, US and Japan. The firm today has strong evaluation process to select their clients today irrespective of the companies being listed / unlisted. They are very mindful of their contribution to the client while being cautious of not exposing themselves to being at risk.
Today, SKP serves over 1,000 clients including multinationals, companies listed on exchanges, privately held and family-owned businesses from more than 45 countries. The team comprises of 1200 members which is led by 30 Partners/Directors.
The team includes Chartered Accountants (CA), Certified Internal Auditors (CIA), Information System Auditors (ISA), Cost Accountants (CWA), Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Company Secretaries (CS), Lawyers, Engineers and Information Technology (IT) Professionals.
Over a period of time, the group has evolved in terms of people & business to reach upto international professional standards. The group today believes in the mantra of - Culture of Care-, not only for employees but also for clients and believes in personal connect. The group believes their employees are their greatest asset and invest a lot of time & effort for their career planning & designing for the long term growth. The organization invests into multiple initiatives to maximize individual's potential, increase commercial effectiveness, reinforce the culture, expand people's professional opportunities and help them contribute positively to society at large.
Functions to be performed :
The execution role of the Assurance Principal would be to finalize the above mentioned audits and reviews. His / Her role will also include :
- Quality and timely delivery of all the attest work mentioned above
- Internal SOP's and methodology to be kept updated
- Implementation of auditing and other related standards
- Project monitoring
- Strengthen the technical base of the practice
- Organize seminars and preside as speaker at seminars/conclaves
- Increase the practice visibility as a member firm in the international network with which SKP has an affiliation
- Release alerts regularly
- Attending/reviewing presentation of the audit committee
- Have complete understanding and exposure of Companies Act 2013, Accounting standards, Auditing standards, Tax laws, IFRS and US GAAP
- Develop other SKP branches
- Develop a training module for staff and ensure that the same is adhered
- Organize and undertake all training like technical training, soft skills training etc.
Peer Review: Final check on:
- Quality of delivery
- Application of service delivery methodologies
Sales and Marketing :
- Aligning firm marketing policy to the service vertical
- Existing client mining
- Cross service vertical client mining
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Updating collateral, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Developing the domestic and geographic market
- Increase visibility in the domestic and international markets
- Increasing the visibility of the practice within SKP
- Planning & Scheduling of engagements and staff
- Engagement profitability
- Billing & Collection
- Preparation of Budgets for the Practices
- Budget V/s Actual comparison and analyze the reasons
- Revision in fees
People Management :
- Staff Appraisals and increments
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are identified for the team and an active role in interviewing and selecting candidates
- Building teams
Employee Retention :
- Review of efficient and effective planning, selection and team management of all resources throughout the year including temporary resource redeployment within team / with other departments
- Building of team morale and motivate people in the team and firm
- Ensure that open communication channels are maintained within the practice
- Address issues at emotional/infrastructural level at work being faced by teams, take responsibility for team building and motivation of teams
- Identifying training needs of teams and assist in skill building where deficiencies are identified
- Ensure on-boarding and process training happens for new employees
- Perform timely appraisal and provide a balance between firm and employee aspirations
- Develop and create leaders within the department
- Crisis Management: Resolve by providing upfront solutions under engagement / Practice crisis situations
Desired Candidate Profile :
- Candidates only from CA firms to apply.
Experience in/exposure to the following areas is essential :
- The specialist knowledge of Statutory Audit of Companies / Firms / Banks etc.
- Audit of Government Companies appointed by the CAG
- IFRS Convergence
- Group reporting
- US GAAP conversion from Indian GAAP
- Concurrent Audit of Banks only large forex and investment divisions only
- BFSI audit experience
- Knowledge of/exposure to the following areas will be an added advantage
- BFSI experience - Stat, internal and concurrent
- Certification work including remittance certificates
- Limited Review
- Tax Audits
- Strong Practice management skills
- Proven supervisory / leadership abilities
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills including legal/technical drafting
- Very good interpersonal skills and good analytical / process skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.