Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:408 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Director/Associate Director - Sales - Telematics/GPS (10-18 yrs)
Position: Associate/Director - Sales (East Region)
Location: Kolkata, India
The Internet of Things (IoT) will unlock trillions of dollars in value over the next 10 years. Our client is at the forefront of this industry, building networks and applications to enable Fortune 500 clients fundamentally improve their businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in London, Delhi, and Tokyo as well as other markets. Our client rank among the top ten cellular providers for the IoT globally, powering critical projects across energy, transportation, retail, healthcare and more.
Built from the ground up for IoT and road-tested at scale, the Services are based on the broadest technology stack in the industry, spanning connectivity up to vertical solutions.
The organisation is in an enviable spot. profitable, and both our bottom line and our global reach are growing rapidly.
For our client we are seeking a dynamic Associate/Director - Sales for its east region. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is eager to roll up their sleeves and to make measurable contributions in shaping his/her and organisations future
- The Associate/Director-Sales (East Region) position will play an integral role in meeting the sales planning, reporting, and analysis needs of the sales eco system in eastern India. This is both a hunting and farming role.
- This role will support all levels of management for the business in eastern India in the areas of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) objectives, market share analytics, sales planning, pro forma modeling, forecasting, pricing strategy as well as design and analysis of variable compensation programs.
- The person in this role must demonstrate the ability to identify needs, recommend solutions, and become a trusted business partner within the Sales and Finance organizations. This individual will also build solid relationships with directors and executives across different functions such as operations, marketing, purchasing and finance/accounting.
This role will be based in Kolkata (remote location, we do not have an office in Kolkata) and will report to the VP-Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver Revenue growth target in line with the targets set in the region.
- Farming and nurturing deep engagements across levels of identified accounts and C - Level Customer stakeholder engagement and escalation contact for all customer experience related issues
- Provide ongoing evaluation of sales performance including: tracking sales activities, opportunities and contracts to increase revenue; improve salesforce efficiency and scale our business effectively
- Manage the following sales operations support functions:
1. KPIs - Develop KPI reports to assess sales performance. Provide monthly and quarterly performance reviews for the management team
2. Forecasting - Establish best practices and methodologies for forecast accuracy and pipeline management. Actively participate in all forecasting activities and maintain a deep understanding of ongoing sales activity in support of sales executives.
3. Pricing - Maintain a full understanding of market pricing requirements, pricing structures and key contract terms. Develop price quotes/pricing strategies/pricing policies (in coordination with sales team). Suggest creative pricing and payment solutions balancing customer needs and pricing policies.
4. Variable compensation - Support and develop compensation programs, performance tracking, reward calculation, quota achievement, reporting and analysis
5. Contracting - Liaison with legal counsel during the contract negotiation process to ensure the appropriate terms and pricing are incorporated into the final documents.
6. Support business case analysis for executives and the sales organization
- Work closely with finance to continuously improve "daily" sales reporting and "daily" device deployment/inactivation reporting. Identify opportunities to establish meaningful reports that can turn into actionable items; improving sales performance.
- Partner with the Sales organization on various process improvement activities in the area of CRM/salesforce, metrics setting and reporting systems
- Play a key role in the go-to-market strategy
- Work on optimal allocation of resources based on the collection, analysis, and evaluation of data from the ERP system combined with external data.
- Develop reports and analysis on the effectiveness of sales initiatives and rep activities and their impact to market share. Work on identifying efficiencies in specific areas, customer types or product offering to improve sales performance.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis, as needed
- Accountable for customer billing and outstanding
- 10-15 years of industry experience with MBA or B.Tech Degree.
- Experience in GPS/ Telematics industry is preferred.
- Results-driven with experience influencing people across functions with Number and Target Driven-Hunting mindset.
- Experience in complex change management and operating in a matrix, fast moving and technical environment.
- Strong communication and conflict management skills.
- Ability to collect and analyze data and develop analytics to actionable items and recommend improvements based on identified trends
- Detail oriented with strong time management skills to prioritize, balance multiple tasks and cross train.
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passionate about using technology to demonstrate and promote programs (must have Intermediate skill in MS Excel and other MS Office Applications and CRM solutions)
- Negotiation skills - ability to look at the big picture, solution oriented.
- Ability to apply innovation and out of the box thinking.
- Should be multitasker.
- Passionate about customers and technology
- Customer/partner management experience.
- Collaboration with cross functional teams including engineering, operations, marketing, and sales
- Must be able gain consensus across teams that may have different priorities and views
- Must be a self-starter and work with a sense of urgency.