Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:407 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Digital Transformation Role - Steel Plant Operations (10-15 yrs)
Digital Transformation - Steel Plant Operation
Urgent Opening for Steel Plant Operation - Digital Partner from Steel/Energy or Power/Manufacturing Industries
Roles & Responsibilities : The position assumes the role of Digital Business Partner for Plant Operation Function and providing functional & strategic alignment for all digital initiatives for steel plant operation.
Functional Requirement :
- Clear understanding of operational process of metal industry preferably iron and steel making processes. Conceptual clarity on Steel Plant Operational process like DRI, Blast Furnace, Casting, Rolling, Inventory Management, Logistic Management, Plant Production Planning, SMS Process etc.
- Prior experience in working with SMART Manufacturing processes supported by DATA driven decision making.
- Mining Operational Process knowledge is required along with knowledge of mining dispatch. Any knowledge on mining legal compliances will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Plant safety, environment and sustainability is required
- Plant TPM, Quality Control and Plant Maintenance knowledge will be an added advantage.
Technical Must Requirement :
- Must have experience in working with multiple OT System (DCS, SCADA) systems, MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems), Historians and other suite of L2, L3 level of applications focusing on planning/ scheduling/ execution/ optimization/ reporting and analytics.
- Must understand important SAP modules (SD, PP, QM, MM) along with in depth functional knowledge of anyone functional area of SAP ERP.
- Must have worked on at least one of BI reporting and dashboarding tool (e.g., Power BI, Spotfire, Qlik Sense, Dundas BI, Tableau etc.)
- Identify and provide Digital solutions to key business challenges and drive tangible business value (volume or cost gains) Or increase productivity
- Work with business and technology teams (Internal development team, Business users and external partners) to outline digital solution, value & benefit and implementation plan
- Qualify, prioritize critical KPIs / metrics that shall reflect gains due to digital intervention
Behavioral Requirement :
- Result and outcome driven.
- Data driven decision making
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Proactively manage and monitor different aspects of the program i.e., analyze, design, implementation, change management and sustainability.
- Improvement, adoption in business and focus on value realization across the group
- Help debottleneck issues on the ground by participating in change management, serve as point of escalation for business
- Acting as a SPOC between operation and Digital transformation team
Desired Qualification/Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Metallurgy, Chemical, Electrical, Instrumentation or other related discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- 10-15 Years of Experience in Manufacturing Industry preferably steel with knowledge in Steel/ iron making process & integration with IT OT system is required.
- Having prior experience of Industry4.0 use cases/applications.
- Preferred Industry Vertical : Steel / Energy or Power / Manufacturing
Additional Skill : Technology Understanding and Knowledge in SAP ERP, IT-OT system, Analytics etc.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.