Digital Business Head - Media Conglomerate - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (7-14 yrs)
Work with one of the largest media houses in India, take your career to a new high with the global exposure and experience.
Our client is among the top 3 most trusted newspapers in India, read by more than 30 million Indians. It is one of the most renowned names in Indian media especially across North India. They also host a multitude of media initiatives like Print, Digital, TV, Events and Radio Stations covering various states in the country to connect better with the locals. Their website is one of the fastest growing digital news sites, where they have shown a growth in audience by around 200% in tier 2 and 3 cities and towns in India.
The 6 decade old media house was founded by a fearless and famous journalist and writer who has been felicitated with many literary awards. Currently led by a team of experts and media professionals at its CXO levels, the publishing house has expanded to many digital and offline businesses under its roof, providing employment to thousands in India. They have kept the flag high with their journalistic values and quality coverage of events throughout the world.
As the Head of the Digital business, your primary role is to build and monetize a digital content platform using best in class technology and user experience. You will essentially operate as an entrepreneur within the organisation, scaling up and revamping their digital products to 10x by building a hi-performance team.
What you will do:
- Overseeing the product development to build a best in class digital news product
- Building innovative features for personalisation and improving engagement levels
- Maintaining a clear understanding of the business's full portfolio of products in print/ publication and digital form in order to determine the form of strategies most suited to the business.
- Being in charge of seeing through the execution of these strategies, proof checking, and overseeing the positioning of all advertising initiatives/ campaigns.
- Strategic structuring of the commercial and monetization models and leading their execution
- Defining the digital revenue roadmap to increase the market share, increasing content consumption through innovative means as well as by leveraging upon partner relations.
- Making efforts towards the evolution of strategies upon identification of new opportunities for capitalizing on sales.
- Maintaining strong relationships with the existent and prospective consumer base in order to determine their needs and formulate advertisement sales solutions that will address those needs.
- Maintaining relationships with external advertising agencies, dealing in print, broadcast, and digital/ online media in negotiating advertisement contracts.
- Building a hi-performance team comprising Advertising Sales, Product managers, Software developers, Data Scientists and others in order to fulfil the strategic roadmap
- Anticipating market trends, identifying customer needs, and understanding how our range of product offerings can grow their business
- Setting the standards and defining the sales culture, assessing the structure and strategy of the business, and being a thought leader
- Managing and building relationship with key catalysts in the media space
- Driving growth through newer opportunities & new platforms partnerships.
What you need to have:
- Must understand online businesses - ecommerce, D2C brands, subscription brands etc.
- Experience in building digital platform from scratch
- Should have exp in monetization, video content marketing, ecommerce
- Some experience in content lead business is good to have
- Must be able to build the product and also work on monetization of the product in parallel
- Must have understanding of how to an audience online
- Some entrepreneurial experience is good to have
Tier 1 MBA + B.Tech is desired
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.