Diageo - Associate - Taxation (3-6 yrs)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Overall responsible for aligning Subs. with macro tax strategy, compliance, tax planning and accounting for various taxes. S/He works with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third-party service providers
Knowledge & skills :
- Deep knowledge of direct & working knowledge of indirect tax laws, practice etc. across compliance, litigation & advisory
- Adequate understanding of business to correlate tax laws with business needs
- Ability to manage one-off situations such as tax on M&A etc.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY :
- Partnering with various functions on need basis to provide tax inputs
- Interacting with tax authorities and getting across company's point of view
- Strategizing defense in litigations
- Interacting with ext. advisors & counsel to develop tax solutions in complex situations and in complex litigations
- Contract reviews
- Providing tax solutions to business on a need basis or proactively develop solutions.
- Participating in cross functional meetings for tackling novel situations / needs
- In case of external queries, say by any auditor or so, carrying out tech. research, developing response, drafting positions etc.
- Same applies to queries from tax authorities
- Keep internal stakeholders informed of key queries & responses across the board
- Tax compliance (tax payment, returns etc.)
- Book keeping hygiene (GL reviews, any reconciliations etc.)
- Connect with external advisors & counsel on need basis to develop new ideas, convert them to solutions and implement at Diageo India
- CT & DT comp., ETR calculation, planning, timing of claims etc.