Diageo - Associate - Taxation (3-6 yrs)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Overall responsible for aligning Subs. with macro tax strategy, compliance, tax planning and accounting for various taxes. S/He works with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third-party service providers
Knowledge & skills :
- Deep knowledge of direct & working knowledge of indirect tax laws, practice etc. across compliance, litigation & advisory
- Adequate understanding of business to correlate tax laws with business needs
- Ability to manage one-off situations such as tax on M&A etc.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY :
- Partnering with various functions on need basis to provide tax inputs
- Interacting with tax authorities and getting across company's point of view
- Strategizing defense in litigations
- Interacting with ext. advisors & counsel to develop tax solutions in complex situations and in complex litigations
- Contract reviews
- Providing tax solutions to business on a need basis or proactively develop solutions.
- Participating in cross functional meetings for tackling novel situations / needs
- In case of external queries, say by any auditor or so, carrying out tech. research, developing response, drafting positions etc.
- Same applies to queries from tax authorities
- Keep internal stakeholders informed of key queries & responses across the board
- Tax compliance (tax payment, returns etc.)
- Book keeping hygiene (GL reviews, any reconciliations etc.)
- Connect with external advisors & counsel on need basis to develop new ideas, convert them to solutions and implement at Diageo India
- CT & DT comp., ETR calculation, planning, timing of claims etc.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.