Senior Consultant at Experis Manpower Group
Views:1109 Applications:93 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
DGM - Stores & Inventory Management - Oil & Gas/EPC/City Gas Distribution/Construction/Utility/Petrochemical (17-30 yrs)
Opportunity with an Organisation of Repute
Job Role Dy. General Manager - Stores
Function Contracts & Procurement
Sub Function Stores & Inventory Mgmt
Deputy General Manager - (Stores) to manage the company's multiple Stores/Warehouses at Various locations.
Key accountabilities include ensuring continuity of business operations by maintaining optimal levels of Inventory & smooth functioning of Stores. The DGM role is to implement and monitor key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the Stores & Inventory management operations.
- To address all aspects of the Stores and Inventory Management functions.
- To ensure Receipt, Issue and Stores accounting is done as per company laid down policy and guideline.
- To provide Leadership and Guidance to in-charges of various Stores and work towards optimization of Inventory and effective utilization of space.
- Accountable for all material received and issued, proper storage & preservation, material handling, stock verification and reconciliation.
- Maintain proper co-ordination and cordial relationship with internal customers and suppliers as well as contractors.
Essential functional competencies required
- Sound knowledge of Warehouse and Inventory Management and control Techniques.
- Exposure to GST and Insurance Claims.
- Exposure of working in SAP - Materials Management module would be preferred.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; ensures timely preparation of all stores document, training to Store Staff.
Desired functional competencies required
- Sound Knowledge of Safe work Practices and HSE aspects of Stores and Inventory Management.
- Good Communication Inter personnel and analytical Skills. Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Develop standards & managing processes. Manage stock integrity and good knowledge of material reconciliation process. Ensures objectives of Stores and deliverable are achieved annually by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Experience & Educational Requirement
Educational Qualification Include Additional Certification if any
- Full time BE / B Tech in Engineering with minimum 17 years- experience (or)
- Diploma in Engg (Full time) with minimum 22 years of experience and PG Diploma in Materials/Stores Mgmt (or)
- Commerce/Science Graduate (Full Time) with minimum 25 years of experience and PG Diploma in Stores/Materials Mgmt. Relevant Experience
Candidate should have experience in Warehouse/Stores function in Oil & Gas /EPC/ City Gas Distribution /Construction/Utility /Petrochemical Sectors/Manufacturing sector/Cement/Infrastructure.
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Sound Experience of handling multiple Stores.
- Implement and monitor key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the Stores & inventory management operations.
- Maintaining a lean stock with no stock outs, managing the near expiry, slow & non-moving and supplier returns - Monitor the Employee activities of various Stores.
- Minimizing area of stores by proper material handling systems & kaizens.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Ensuring day to day operation of store function (GRN, INVOICING, PIV, RECONCILATION etc.).
- Oversee Proper Storage and Preservation of Materials.
- Oversee Materials Handling and Transportation.
- Monitoring the Scrap Policy and its implementation (getting Scrap declaration, raising sale
- Responsible for Inward & Outward movement of Stores.
- Adhere to KRAs / KPIs of corporate SCM team and report on monthly basis.
- Maintaining Minimum & Maximum Level of Critical & Fast-Moving Items.
- Monitoring all types of material inventory in SAP Module
- Internal audit queries rectification and explanations to Management
- Co-ordination with Purchase, O&M, Planning, Projects Department
- Vendor & Customer Management skills.
- Inventory-level Fixation, ABC/FSN/VED Analysis
- Monitor Variance of Book Balance Vs. Actual Inventory.
- Heading the Job of Internal Auditor. Visiting to Project Site, looking after the follow up of stores process, Objective and inspection of documents. Forwarding of audit report to Top management, defining of process and its implementation.
- Prepare and submit Management Information Reports.
- Effective Communication skills, Quantitative, Qualitative & Analytical skills.
- Sound Knowledge of Safe work Practices and HSE aspects of Contract Management