Director - Talent Acquisition at Jaden Executive Search & Recruitment Specialists
Views:1525 Applications:265 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
DGM - Logistics Domain - FMCG (15-20 yrs)
DGM - Logistics
About our Client: Our client is a leading FMCG Company with a turn over of Rs. 9000 Crores
Position : DGM - Logistics
Qualification: Any Graduate, PG Diploma in Supply Chain / Operations preferred
Reporting to : VP - Supply Chain
Reportees : Direct : Regional Logistics In-charge / Indirect - Logistics Staff at Sales Locations
Job Purpose: Manage Secondary Logistics operations across the country on a real time basis. Generate and provide inputs for long term infrastructure and operations
1) Managing the pan India Secondary Distribution network including 57 CFA locations and Depots with a team of Regional Logistics resources.
2) Providing Systems and Process framework for Secondary Distribution operations in Co-ordination with customer departments.
3) Providing critical analysis and workings to support management decision making including budgeting, production planning, Plant capacity utilization and augmentation.
4) Provide qualified inputs for proper creation and implementation of various SoPs regarding day to day operations to be carried out at the Depots and CFA.
5) Providing design and implementation support for Information systems to be in line with such SoPs.
6) Develop and implement various cost saving initiatives such as warehouse consolidation, direct dispatch, etc. to achieve optimal service cost; which, in turn, would reduce costs without impacting service time lines and service levels.
7) Provide with Secondary Cost MIS along with variance analysis and focus areas for cost reduction.
8) Provide with Secondary CFA performance metric measurement and appraisals with regular review is needed.
9) Monitoring and ensuring Quality and stock audits at the CFA/Depots and closure of NCs through follow up.
10) Administrating the Cost requests from CFA /Depots along with qualified inputs and reasoning for management approval.
11) Monitoring timely statutory compliances of GST (IRN/ EWB), FSSAI and other laws.
12) Long horizon planning support for Management through simulations of expected Sales (based on existing and expected trends).
13) Using these long term forecasts, to provide decisions on Capacity augmentation and plant locations decisions.
14) Using such long term forecasts to create plant wise yearly dockets for use by Purchase/ Preform departments for production and procurement planning; including mid-term corrections and review of original plans.
15) Creating yearly plant wise production plans/ dispatch plans for budgeting purposes. Warehouse space engagement plans need to be developed in advance for season time engagement and regularly monitored.
Long term Demand planning and Operations management:
1. Using various forecast techniques to generate and keep current and Expected demand plan for at least 2-3 years with qualified inputs from various stakeholders.
2. Prepare and keep current and expected Production plan for at least next 24 months with inputs from Production stake holders with respect to Capacities. Exchange appropriate inputs from and with the Production team regarding any augmentation or shortfall in Production capacities.
3. Prepare and run models and simulations to account for any changes and impact thereof.
Network Analysis and Cost working for optimization:
1. To do a complete Network Analysis of existing and required best fit Depot locations to achieve Organizational Objectives of Sales growth at optimal costs.
2. Provide cost based/ capacity based inputs for deciding the sourcing matrix from factory to depots to develop a Least Cost matrix for Primary & Secondary distribution with optimal Capacity utilization.
3. Prepare and keep current the Cost per case for the secondary operations. Suggest and drive cost saving initiatives with proper workings for Management Decision making.
4. Maintain & submit Various MIS reports for Top Management review.
Logistics and Operations Management:
1. Responsible for Cost tracking (Budget Vs. Actual, etc) and providing inputs on the same for corrective actions.
2. Negotiating the freights with the Transport contractors based on the company guidelines
3. Negotiating with the CFA's for Fixed and Variable Costs with qualified market inputs.
4. Process Design and review for maximizing working efficiency in the
5. Supporting all IT initiatives for Business Intelligence implementation.
6. Analyze and Predict warehouse space availability at both, Factories & CFA's
In keeping with Season & Non Season Variations.
1. Well versed in SAP & various MS Excel tools
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills
3. Ability to effectively co-ordinate with large group of internal and external stake holders
4. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
5. Having keen analytical & Problem Solving skills
6. Goal Orientation
7. System and Process oriented
8. Ability to handle pressure and deadlines
9. High level of integrity and honesty
10. The ideal candidate should have corporate experience in terms of providing value inputs in decision making.
11. Should have handled a pan India profile or at least a regional profile in Planning and forecasting
12. Excel knowledge is essential
13. Should have been part of commercial negotiations and finalization in current company (transporters/ Vendors)
NOTE: Candidate from FMCG/F&B industry with large scale operations
Interested candidates, please mail your resume or contact for any queries - P Ravichandran, 7010163344 / 9444202352