HR at End2end Consultants
Views:5175 Applications:309 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:56
DGM - Legal Counsel - LLB - Clean Air Sector (8-17 yrs)
- Advising JM's Clean Air sector on a wide range of domestic and international commercial legal matters including FDI, M&A, deinvestment.
- Providing legal support to the various business functions, including the procurement, operations, quality, technology, supply chain, HR, sales and marketing teams in India and Malaysia.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of legal documents and commercial contracts. This ranges from standard terms to bespoke agreements. Examples include terms and conditions, joint development agreements, consultancy agreements, confidentiality agreements and sale/purchase agreements. All aspects of such commercial arrangements are covered, including competition, IP, tax and employment.
- Working closely with the businesses to ensure that appropriate risk management procedures are in place to cover contractual and compliance risk management.
- Providing legal and compliance training to the business (ABC, Competition, Export Controls and Sanctions etc).
- Managing compliance implementation, assistance and enforcement within Clean Air Indiaand Malaysia.
- Contributing to a wide range of improvement projects within the legal team and within Clean Air.
- Implementing and maintaining standard form documents and procedures and record keeping procedures for these.
- Supporting local HR departments on employment law matters.
- Managing dispute and negotiation of dispute settlements / litigation management.
- Managing specialist legal services provided by external firms on areas such as corporate, litigation, employment, tax, IP, property and environmental law.
- To take on any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor degree or above
- Qualified lawyer in India
- Fluent in both written and oral English
- 8-year experienced lawyer with broad legal experience gained either in a leading firm or in an in-house role
- Previous experience of working in an international environment
- Exposure to corporate and/or commercial law
- Experience dealing with Compliance matters
- Exposure to intellectual property and competition law
PERSONAL SKILLS & KEY COMPETENCIES :
- Team player with the ability to build strong relationships and trust with a wide range of audiences at all levels of the Business Essential
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills Essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point) Essential
- Be discrete and trustworthy as confidentiality Essential
- Confidence and the capability to carry out the majority of workload without supervision Essential
- Ability to bring a pragmatic approach to complex legal issues Essential