DGM - Legal & Compliance - Manufacturing/Shipping Business (15-18 yrs)
DGM - LEGAL & COMPLIANCE
We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee all the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant legal issues.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE:
- Responsible for the effective and efficient legal support for the business operations, contracts, documentation management, providing legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal, contractual and compliance risks.
- Dealing with all legal matters including corporate laws, labour laws, criminal, civil, police liaison, and arbitration matters. Well versed with Court Process, well networked in Government & Police department;
- Hands on experience in setting up and managing compliances of a factory unit and expertise in legal aspects relating to various Labour Laws, Shops and
- Establishment Legislations, Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act etc. and all local laws as may be applicable;
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance;
- Adept in performing ad-hoc tasks and duties as may be assigned by the Management.
- Apply effective risk management techniques to research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations and accordingly offer proactive advise on possible legal issues;
- Attending and handling court cases, case notices and handle all litigation matters with support of external counsel;
- Negotiate, review and draft agreements and documentation for business transactions and prepare and Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the legal department for management meetings.
- Responsible for keeping records of all licenses & compliances and all litigation matters.
- Maintain knowledge of all new changes in the law, analyze implications and suggest manner of implementation.
REQUIREMENTS: Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in-house or in a reputed law firm and a minimum 15 years of experience in the field and in a leadership position; High degree of professional ethics and integrity and Outstanding communication
Skills - Graduate or post graduate in Law; CS or CA or PhD or MBA is desirable.