DGM/GM - Procurement - Insulators & Electrical Firm (20-26 yrs)
JD of DGM/GM Procurement .
Company : Insulators & Electrical Company
Location : Mandideep, Bhopal
Designation : DGM/GM - Procurement Experience : 20+ years Qualification : Bachelor & Master in Material Management (preferred)
Industries : Insulators / Non Insulators
- Managing raw material and packaging material procurement for plants - Supply chain management (Logistics, CHA, import, export, negotiations) - Packing Material optimization i.e Wood
- Identifying new vendors for all purchase segments i.e RM, Packing, stores & spares items
- Projections on Natural Gas and propane - Items Wood, Coal, Diesel (utility)
- Metal Parts, foundry items, critical machineries - Raw material Clays (domestic and imported)
- Lead Integration and continued improvement in all areas of Supply chain function including Procurement, Inventory Management, Production Planning, Distribution and logistics management.
- Benchmark Supply chain performances with respect to global standards and thrive to overcome the benchmark.
- Strategizing supply chain long-term plans for the organization. Working on supply chain dashboards for spend analysis for better decision making & visibility.
- Responsible for Sourcing, Material Purchases, Project purchases, Logistics, Planning, Inventory, Imports, Customer support, handle commercial activities related to supply chain, Drive various supply chain & cost optimisation projects, supply chain analytics, supply allocation & demand planning,
- Raw Material sourcing, New Vendor introduction, Alternate Raw material sourcing and coordinating with specified team members, Annual contracts with global suppliers.
- Vendor identification International as well as domestic, Strong MIS on RM movement across the globe, closure of plants, price trends, impact on sourcing.
- Support to technology & business, Responsible for Material costing of RM including Packaging, Commercial evaluation of material.
- Forecasting planning SKU wise, Demand planning
- Instituting capacity planning & storage space requirements based on annual budget, admitting service level improvements ( OTIF ) ,
- Adherence to monthly, quarterly, annual production plans,
- Active involvement with Marketing, Sales, Finance, Production, Purchase, R&D, QC & Logistics, Improving Productivity (TPM), Actively utilizing APO for supply network planning,
- Lead the team of purchase function, advice on cost effective ways & methods of procurements, Timely order placement with vendors, tracking mechanism,
Review & improvement mechanism:
- Set up a process to review vendor performance management evaluation & vendor relationship management.
- Working to reduce non-value added activities across & mitigate cost implications in a futuristic approach.
- Driving inventory management, Administering FIFO methods, to monitor RM & Finished good stocks & to have a good control on Inventory management
- Working with a supplier portal for faster order processing & visibility across.
- Set up supply chain to support unmatched speed to market working cohesive with all work streams from finance Marketing Sales, R&D, QC to drive value to end consumer.
- Spearheading critical projects for consolidation & cost driving initiatives across group from packaging
- Implement various IT solutions, and help improve its value by developing the knowledge base and tools necessary to give a competitive advantage on the market.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.