Managing Partner at Antal International
Views:660 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
DGM/GM/Legal Manager - Medical Devices - CS + LLB/LLM (10-15 yrs)
Legal Manager (equivalent to DGM/GM - Legal) : CS + LLB/LLM
Our Client, amongst the World's Top 3 Medical Devices companies, with a global turnover of US$ 30 Billion, is looking for a qualified Legal Manager (at par with DGM/GM in the industry) with over 10-15 years of experience in mid to large companies,
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE & MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIRED :
1. Minimum Qualification: LLB/LLM + CS (COMPANY SECTRETARIAL).
NOTE - If you don't have both these qualifications then PLEASE DO NOT APPLY
2. You must have proven experience in managing large contracts, such as Licensing, Cross Border Contracts, New Product Development Contracts, Technical Contracts, Business Modelling Contracts, etc.
3. A Minimum Experience of 6-7 Years as In House Counsel in a mid to large company/ies.
4. You must have a team management experience of at least 2-4 members.
5. Experience in managing Large Litigations
6. Your maximum notice period in your current company is less than 60 days.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure. The role will have 40% Contracts 40% Litigations & 20% Secretarial deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Advising various business verticals and functions on legal issues
- Interpretation of laws and regulations and advising on their applicability
- Strategizing and formulating litigation strategy in line with commercial objectives of the
- Handle court cases independently, as and when required
- Draft and vetting court pleadings, legal notices, responses to legal notices etc. and briefing outside counsels and law firms
- Managing outside counsels to derive the optimum synergies
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient proactive strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on potential legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (customers, regulators, external counsels, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft, negotiate and manage the agreements, contracts, MoUs, LoIs, and other legal documents to ensure and protect the company's legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Maintain current knowledge or amendments in legislation
- Perform all company secretarial functions required for a private limited company, including meeting regulatory compliances & reporting.
You will report into the Director - Legal & Compliance