Search Consultant at Mastermind Network
Views:354 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
DGM/GM - Industrial Design - Home Appliances Segment - Consumer Durable (10-20 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The core responsibility of this position is to build mid-term product concepts for Digital Appliances (DA) Business, (includes Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Microwave, Air Conditioners, Dishwasher, Air Dresser etc) along with Consumer Experience Team in HQ.
- The position will be responsible for consistently identifying innovation opportunities for Digital Appliances and develop new game changing USPs at the intersection of Business/ Technology / Consumer Insights.
- The position will be responsible for managing New Concept Development (NCD) projects through internal ideation and partnering with external design/ innovation/ research agencies on project basis.
- The position will be leading New Concept Development (NCD) projects i.e. Understanding Business Situation, Conducting Consumer Research, Developing Insights, Ideation, Concept Development, Consumer validation, Concept finalization, mock-up development, executive storytelling.
- At the same time, this position needs to coordinate with various internal stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Service, Design, R&D teams etc) in India and HQ for initiation and successful execution of NCD projects.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY :
- Dedicated member for Digital Appliances (home appliances) projects in India to find disruptive market expansion/ demand creation/ product differentiation opportunities for DA business in India.
- Lead and/or participate, review and analyze quantitative and qualitative findings from market research to understand market & consumer trends and formulate market driven consumer insights.
- Constantly track design and technology trends in Home Appliance Industry in India.
- Work with external design and innovation agencies to manage New Concept Development projects (insights to concept creation)
- To generate actionable consumer insights for innovation during the NCD projects.
- To lead and facilitate co-creation workshops with consumers, experts and internal stakeholders (design, R&D, Lifestyle researchers, service, sales etc) while creating ideas and developing concepts.
- To translate insights and ideas to compelling product concepts
- Facilitate and manage communication between the HQ, the regional sales and marketing team for initiation and execution of NCD projects.
- Work closely with Lifestyle Researchers and Advance Concept Designers in Product Innovation Group during NCD projects.
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative concept validation studies.
- Participate in Product Planning activities for optimizing strategy and mid-term roadmap for consumer electronics.
Desired Candidate Profile :
The candidate should have 10-20 years of relevant industry experience and have one of the following competencies: Industrial Design/Innovation Management.
- Experience in Home Appliances, Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, Automobiles is desired but not mandatory.
- Must understand the market driven innovation process, consumer research methods and knowledge in product planning.
- Must understand how to build consumer and business value proposition in systemic way.
- Must possess good story telling and presentation capability.
- Willing to work in small team within a large corporate setting
- Knowledge in graphic design tools such as Adobe creative suites, 3D rendering, etc. desired but not mandatory.
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.