Consultant at Recruitment Firm
Views:4665 Applications:132 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
DGM - EHS - Chemical (10-15 yrs)
ROLES AND DISCIPLINES
General Description: Manage the EHS Department with a high level of excellence, integrity and with a mind-set of continual improvement.
Manage the EHS Department and EHS systems:
- Lead and actively participate the Guiding Principles of the Responsible Care Management System contributing to the sustainability of RC
- Maintain the intent and integrity of the Functional Safety Program to ensure a safe operating facility.
- Evaluation of Legal Compliance - Oversee the review/interpretation of state and federal regulations and other data to determine applicability and implementation of regulations at the site.
- Develop and maintain procedures, plans, and programs to ensure EHS compliance and continuous improvement in EHS performance.
- Communicate with regulatory agencies as needed and provide necessary follow-up for inspections by regulatory agencies.
- In a responsible manner, provide for representation of SIINNM Operations in community and safety/environmental organizations to further SI Group's goals and enhance SI Group's reputation as a reliable and participating company.
- Act as a MARG coordinator
Health, Training and Security:
- Development and implementation of general safe work procedures and practices, including a sound training system in line with building defense philosophy for each aspect of EHS ( occupational safety, process safety, behavioral safety and Environment)
- Provide for the analysis of accidents, incidents and near misses to include recommended corrective actions that will reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
- Administer an effective Industrial Hygiene program in consultation with the Chief Factory Medical Officer.
- To maintain in the highest degree of readiness, provide for the appropriate testing, maintenance and replacement of all equipment and personnel necessary to meet the needs of SIINNM Operations in the areas of Safety, Health, Fire Prevention/Protection and Security.
- Develop, design, and implement a training process to meet all regulatory required programs and to fulfill the needs of all departmental requirements.
- Coordinate EHS audits and ensure logical implementation/conclusion of the actions thereof for strengthening the performance.
- Foster defense building culture across the site.
- Cultivate a more highly skilled, motivated, and effective department through direct, focused communication.
- Provide support as required to the VP Operations
- Delivers Results - Leads individuals and/or team with clear, compelling actions to achieve business and performance objectives.
- Inspires and Engages - Displays positivity, engages stakeholders productively, and motivates employees through inspirational leadership.
- Supports Teamwork - Leads by example, leveraging the expertise of individuals across functional and geographic boundaries to accomplish goals in a collaborative, supportive, and productive manner.
- Change Leadership - In times of change, able to lead by example by embracing change with a positive, clear, and compelling approach to employees that generates continued commitment and enthusiasm to the process.
- Strong Communications - Strong verbal and written communications skills, engaging all stakeholders inside and outside of the organization.
- Manages Ambiguity - Handles risk and uncertainty commensurate to leadership role, and is responsive and decisive in ambiguous situations.
- Advances Function - Advances function by identifying areas of advancement and innovation through best practices and/or internal or external networking.
- Talent Development Coach - Coaches and supports direct reports in developing knowledge, skills, and abilities with respect to performance and development opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Fire and safety OR
- Bachelor of Science OR Chemical Engineering with National Safety Diploma
- Minimum 10+ years in EHS, management roles in a manufacturing environment
- Local Language of communication
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Communicator, Training Mine and to interact effectively with colleagues, customers and regulatory agencies.
- Liasoning with authorities
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time
- Should be available for handling emergencies in the plant
- Need to stay nearby within 10 mins reach