Business Head at AXO Recruitment and Staffing Services
Views:859 Applications:135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
DGM - Direct Taxation - FMCG - CA (14-20 yrs)
POSITION:-DGM - Taxation (Direct)
REPORTING TO: HEAD - TAXATION
QUALIFICATION: Chartered Accountant
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 14 - 20 years
TARGET INDUSTRY/ COMPANY: Exposure to FMCG / FMCD / Building Materials / Pharmaceutical / Manufacturing industry (Except, Auto, Engineering & EPC).
Responsibilities of the DGM - Taxation (Direct):
1. Overseeing complete Direct Taxation as well as State and central subsidies, across all locations.
2. Ensure smooth functioning of operations by preventing obstructions that can arise from tax issues faced by the Organization.
3. Assist in Tax Planning and Restructuring for all financial issues.
4. Representing before relevant authorities for issued faced by the Organization.
5. Advising the management on:
- How transactions should be structured, so as to minimize the overall tax impact on the organization.
- Strategies to be followed/ pursued for regulatory issues faced by the organization.
- Impact of amendments/ court decisions and suggest ways to minimize legalities and tax impact.
6. Attending assessments, appeals, revisionary proceedings, investigations, summons pertaining to critical issues faced from Tax Department, liaisoning with Advocates and Tax Consultants and advising management on the best course of action to be followed.
7. Ensure compliance with regards to payment of TDS on salaries and non-salaries within stipulated due dates.
8. Ensure compliance with regards to payment of TDS on international tax matters.
9. Responsible for ensuring proper deduction of tax at source on salary and non salary payments.
10. Assistance in finalizing Tax Audit Report.
11. Compilation of Advance tax estimate and payment of advance tax.
12. Ensuring completion of Tax Audit and filing of Income-tax Returns.
13. Handling Assessments before tax authorities, rectification applications, order giving effects to appellate orders.
14. Attending hearings before Commissioner (Appeals).
15. Liaison with advocates and tax consultants as regards appeals before Appellate Tribunal, High Court and Supreme Court.
16. Coordinating with other departments and locations on issues faced and rendering advise on structuring of transactions to save taxes.
1-Compilation of Advance tax estimate and payment of advance tax.
2-Ensuring completion of Tax Audit and filing of Income-tax Returns.
3-Analyzing the consequences of amendments made in Income-tax Act to the issues faced by the organization.
4-Keeping a track of amendments, court cases for the issues currently faced by the organization.
5-Compilation of Advance tax estimate and payment of advance tax.
6-Compilation of data for the Income-tax Assessments.
7-Attending to Income-tax Assessment Proceedings.
8-Attending to TDS refund issues.
9-Advising staff on the possible avenues for saving taxes
10-Advanced knowledge of all direct and indirect taxes (Income-tax, GST, Customs, Forex, CSR implications etc.)
11-Keep abreast of new Legislative Developments and implement them into the system.