Consultant at Domnic Lewis International
Views:155 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
DGM - Data Protection Officer - Manufacturing Sector (9-16 yrs)
Job Description : Data Protection Officer (DPO) - Manufacturing Sector
Position Overview: We are seeking a diligent and knowledgeable Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee data protection and privacy matters within the manufacturing sector. The DPO will play a crucial role in ensuring compliance with data protection laws and regulations, establishing data protection policies, and fostering a culture of data privacy within manufacturing operations.
1. Data Protection Compliance:
- Monitor and ensure compliance with data protection laws and regulations relevant to the manufacturing sector.
- Stay updated with evolving data protection requirements and recommend necessary changes to company practices.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to ensure adherence to data protection policies and guidelines.
2. Data Privacy Policies and Procedures:
- Develop, implement, and update data protection policies, procedures, and guidelines tailored to the manufacturing sector.
- Provide guidance to employees on data protection matters, ensuring awareness and adherence to policies.
3. Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs):
- Conduct Privacy Impact Assessments for new projects, processes, and technologies that involve the processing of personal data.
- Identify potential privacy risks and recommend mitigating measures.
4. Third-Party Relationships:
- Review and assess data processing agreements with third-party vendors, suppliers, and partners to ensure compliance with data protection standards.
- Collaborate with legal and procurement teams to address data protection clauses in contracts.
5. Data Subject Rights:
- Manage data subject access requests and inquiries related to data protection rights, ensuring timely and accurate responses.
- Facilitate the exercise of data subject rights, including requests for data deletion, rectification, and portability.
6. Data Breach Management:
- Establish and maintain procedures for managing data breaches, including investigation, notification to authorities, and affected individuals, as required.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to mitigate potential harm and prevent future breaches.
7. Training and Awareness:
- Organize data protection training sessions for employees to promote a culture of privacy and data security.
- Raise awareness about data protection among various levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's + Master's degree in law, information technology, or a related field. Advanced degrees or certifications in data protection and privacy (e.g., CIPP/E, CIPM, FIP, CT-DPO) are preferred.
- Proven experience in data protection, privacy, or legal roles, preferably within a manufacturing or industrial context.
- In-depth knowledge of data protection laws and regulations relevant to the manufacturing sector.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to assess risks and propose practical solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- High ethical standards and a commitment to upholding data privacy principles.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.