Consultant at Michael Page
Views:311 Applications:46 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
DGM - Commercial Control - Shipping & Logistics Firm - CA (11-12 yrs)
DGM - Commercial Control - Shipping and Logistics Company - Should be from Logistics Industry
Client is a Multinational Shipping and Logistics Company and is into the business of Shipping and Ports and is hiring for the role of DGM Commercial Controller reporting to the CFO of the company
Please Note: Candidates from the Logistics space will be highly preferred
Summary of the role :
Responsible for monitoring of commercial KPIs, pricing, strengthening commercial and financial controls, updating commercial policies, updating credit limits and credit days, ensuring that it is adhered to, commercial review of all Bus, and playing the role of a co-pilot to Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and BU Head
1) Designing, pre and post evaluation of schemes / discounts.
2. Designing and implementing the products that we sell in conjunction with the CCO and BU Head.
3. Designing and recommending the pricing for each product.
4. Monitoring of:
i. Commercial KPIs
ii. Ageing of debtors
iii. Damages and claims
5. Being on top of prices and discounts; both previous months and future months.
6. Analyzing market trend to arrive at pricing for all the products offered by the region.
7. Preparation and finalization of Rate Card (one-time, need-based and annual review) for cross billing within different BUs.
8. Participate in the contract negotiation process with customers and analyze the financial implications of the commercial terms agreed with customers.
9. Must understand drivers of volume, revenue, and operating cost and analyse the same to give prescriptive recommendations to each BU and ensure outcome.
10. Must understand the drivers of each BU, customer segmentation, industry segmentation, and the needs of the customer.
11. Ensure integrated billing across the portfolio using Oracle.
12.Ensure implementation of accounts receivable procedures and policies including updating the same from time to time.
13. Must co create with the CCO, solutions to fulfil the needs of the customer.
14. Must do competition benchmarking of all drivers of competition of ours and of customers.
15. Adherence to commercial policies and updating the same from time to time.
16. Analyzing and monitoring sales-person wise performance by BU across the Region.
17. Analyzing and monitoring adherence to the SLAs in the contracts executed with the customers.
18. Analyzing and monitoring customer-wise profitability by BU across the Region.
19. Analyzing and monitoring product-wise profitability by BU across the Region
20. Analyzing financial and operational results to understand business performance on daily, weekly and monthly basis and recommend actions for the future including monitoring of the recommended actions
21. Update credit limits and credit days and ensure that it is adhered to.
22. Ensuring monitoring of dues beyond limits / days and ensuring plans are in place to collect overdues including delivery of the plans
23. Planning and forecasting of volumes, revenue, and operating margin
24. Monitor monthly financial results with Plan along with the Financial Controller and give prescriptive recommendations and monitor the outcome so that each BU meets its plan consistently.
25. Coaching and training subordinates to make them ready for next move.
Budget: 38 LPA
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.