Founder & CEO at Dexter Capital Advisors
Views:2327 Applications:384 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:361
Dexter Capital Advisors - Senior Associate - Deal Making/Investment Banking - IIM/ISB/FMS/XLRI/SPJIMR/IIT/NIT (3-6 yrs)
About Dexter Capital :
Dexter Capital Advisors is one of the leading Technology focused Investment Banks that provides best-in-class advisory services to new-age entrepreneurs. We have helped start-ups in the Digital, Technology & Consumer sectors raise early-stage & growth-stage capital. Dexter in its 8+ years of existence has closed 40+ VC, PE & M&A transactions. We have been consistently ranked amongst the top 5 IBs by Venture Intelligence/VCC Edge Database. Dexter has its offices in Bangalore, Mumbai & Delhi. Dexter has 15+ team members with colleagues who are alumnus of IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta, ISB, IIT Bombay, etc. & previous institutions as Olympus Capital, Naspers, Macquarie, Avendus, Ambit, EY, etc. Some of our clients include Dehaat (Series A, Series B, Series C & Series D), Lifcare (Seed, Series A & Series B), Pickrr (Series A & Series B), MYLO (Series B), ekincare (Series B), Prozo (Series A), SleepyOwl (Series A) and many more.
Front End Deal Making experience : 3+ years
What's required :
1. Prior Experience : A minimum of 36 months of front-end Investment Banking experience in a reputed IB firm. More experience on live deal-making is better & experience from a reputed firm is better
a. Candidates with no prior front-end IB experience should not apply.
b. Only KPO/research/equity research experience would not count towards front end IB experience and should not apply
c. Candidates with no prior deal closure experience should not apply
d. Corp. development/M&A experience in leading start-ups or large institutions would count towards IB experience and are encouraged to apply
2. Strong academic pedigree :
a. MBA (Top US/UK MBA Grad Schools/INSEAD/IIMs/ISB).
b. Top tier undergrad (IIT/BITS) & CFA (minimum L2 should have been cleared)
c. CA rank holders + CFA (L2+) + significant relevant work experience.
d. MBA (FMS/XLRI/SPJIMR/IMT/JBIMS & other reputed institutes) + CFA (L2+) + significant relevant work-experience.
3. Analytical Skills: Solid analytical skills with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
a. Strong presentation, pitch deck & IM making skills are non-negotiable
b. Strong financial modelling skills are non-negotiable
c. Market sizing
d. Transaction & trading comps
4. Thorough understanding of financial concepts, ratios
5. Great and intuitive understanding of business concepts, ability to understand business using 1st principle, ability to put oneself in shoes of entrepreneur and Investor shoes and ask right questions
6. Great communication skills - both verbal & written
7. Passion for the Indian start-up ecosystem, a well-read person about the Indian start-up ecosystem is desirable
8. If you have been an entrepreneur & have raised capital for your own venture that is a huge plus.
9. Strong bias for action/initiative and entrepreneurial spirit
10. A demonstrated hunger towards the field of investments, investment banking, and entrepreneurship
11. Ability to prioritise effectively on a mix of long-term & short-term deadlines
What you can expect :
1. Front-end role - direct interaction with start-up founders from Day 1
2. Ownership of deal execution
3. Understanding of the full deal cycle - right from the first call with the founder to the time money is in the bank
4. Understand Dexter's thesis & unique lens of start-up evaluation which has delivered Industry-leading high closure rates
What will you work on :
1. Interaction with start-up founders from day 1 in the evaluation of potential deals
2. Lead the entire deal execution in guidance of deal lead
3. Leading deal marketing for active mandates and drive Dexter - Investor calls & Company-Investors calls.
4. Ensuring preparation of high-quality collaterals including financial model, IM, Teasers, competition benchmarking, valuation comps, etc.
5. Coordination of various due diligence processes (tax, financial, legal, etc.), investor/client calls & meetings, etc.
6. Owning the finalisation of Deal Docs in coordination with Investor's counsel/advisors
7. Owning the deal closure processes in coordination with Investor's counsel/advisors, Company CS/finance team
8. Building Industry/sector research for deal sourcing & assisting in finalising M&A/VC/PE mandates
9. Preparation & updating of marketing materials for clients, media, conferences, etc.
10. Represent Dexter at Industry forums