Founder & CEO at Dexter Capital Advisors
Views:2147 Applications:499 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:125
Dexter Capital Advisors - Associate/Senior Associate - CA/CFA/IIM/FMS/MDI/XLRI (2-4 yrs)
Associate / Sr. Associate | Dexter Capital Advisors
Dexter Capital Advisors is a sector & stage agnostic Investment Bank with focus on providing best in class fundraise and M&A advisory services to its clients. Dexter, in its less than seven years of existence, has closed ~30 Venture Capital, Private Equity and M&A transactions. Dexter has consistently been ranked by Venture Intelligence as one of the top 10 IBs for early stage transactions.
Educational Qualifications & Experience - Mandatory Criteria:
1. CA / CFA / MBA Finance from a top B-School
2. At least 2-4 years of experience in an Investment Bank
3. Prior experience of working on tech focused VC fund raise transactions is essential for this role
4. Candidates with pure Private Equity experience will not be suitable for this role
5. Candidates with experience of working only on M&A deals will not be suitable for this role
Educational Qualifications & Experience - Desired Criteria:
1. Among MBA candidates, those with Engineering background would be preferred
2. Prior experience with boutique I-Banking firm(s) would be an added advantage
3. Some of the mandatory criteria may be relaxed for exceptional candidates eg. those with experience working on early-stage investments into tech / tech-enabled ventures with VC firms / Family Offices / Corp Dev teams and having a good network in the founder community as well as in the venture investment community.
Associate/Sr. Associate - Job Responsibilities / KRAs:
1. Lead origination (fundraise / M&A opportunities to advise)
2. Lead evaluation (including sector research, building sector thesis, detailed evaluation of the pitch-deck, MIS and business plans, interviewing founders / CEOs, competitive landscaping, enlisting targets (potential investors / acquirers) and doing soft-checks with a few targets
3. Structuring deal mandates and related negotiations with founders / CEOs
4. Creating high-quality collateral documents - Teasers, IMs & FMs
5. Creating a wide target list
6. Marketing the opportunities to the targets (including advising founders / CEOs, managing their expectations, iterating IMs & FMs, strong follow-ups & nurturing of target-leads)
7. Managing the negotiations and term sheets (valuation as well as other terms)
8. Managing the Financial & Legal Due Diligence processes
9. Managing the drafting and execution of SHA and SSA
10. Managing other deal-closure processes like Board Meetings, EGMs etc.
11. Strong and structured follow-ups with & advisory to clients for mandates for the next rounds of fundraise / M&A
12. Strong and structured follow-ups with ventures marked for follow-ups
13. Managing multiple leads and deal-mandates in parallel
14. Keeping in touch, informally as well as through regular monthly / quarterly calls, with founders / CXOs, incubators, angel networks, angel investors, VCs, PE firms, Corp Dev teams and Family Offices active or interested in Indian markets.
15. Regular updates to management on all aspects, including informal updates over WhatsApp and formal updates through structured trackers, IT tools and emails.
Desired Profile - Mandatory Criteria:
1. Should have prior experience of working in investment banking for 2-4 years, esp. on VC fundraise transactions for tech / tech-enabled ventures.
2. Should have experience in deal origination, deal evaluation, deal marketing as well as deal closure
3. Should have hands-on and high-quality experience in all the Investment Banking processes, including all the KRAs listed in the above section
4. Should have excellent analytical capabilities, oral and written communication skills, relationship building & relationship nurturing skills
5. Should bring-in a strong network among VCs, PE firms, Corp Dev teams, Family Offices active in India for execution of deal mandates
6. Should bring-in a strong network among founders of Indian tech / tech-enabled ventures across sectors as well as active angel networks and angel investors (for deal origination as well as for tracking sectors)
7. Should have a good understanding of a few key sectors and business models within the broad space of tech and tech-enabled ventures.
8. Should be able to handle clients independently with minimum support from Senior Management as well as work closely with the management
9. Should be able to handle communications with relevant stakeholders in the ecosystem
10. Should have strong project management skills & experience
11. Should have strong work-ethic and should be comfortable with tight deadlines and parallel execution on multiple threads
12. Should be able to collaborate remotely with multiple stakeholders
13. Should be able to travel at short notices
14. Should be a team player with high emotional intelligence