Founder & CEO at Dexter Capital Advisors
Views:2277 Applications:386 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:384
Dexter Capital Advisors - Associate - Investment Banking (2-8 yrs)
About Dexter Capital:
Dexter Capital Advisors is one of the leading technology/start-up focused investment bank that provides best-in-class advisory services to new age entrepreneurs. We have helped start-ups in the Digital, Technology & Consumer sectors raise early-stage & growth stage capital as well as M&A. Dexter in its ~8 years of existence has closed ~35 VC, PE & M&A transactions. We have been consistently ranked amongst the top 5 IBs by Venture Intelligence Database. Dexter has offices in Bangalore, Mumbai & Delhi. Dexter has 10+ team members with colleagues who have comes from IIM A, IIM C, ISB, IIT Bombay & previous institutions as Olympus Capital, Naspers, Macquarie, Avendus, Ambit, EY. Some of our clients are Dehaat (Series A, Series B, Series C), Lifcare (Seed, Series A & Series B), Pickrr (Series A), 3rdFlix (Series ), SHEROES (Series A), WholeSaleBox (Series A), FlipSpaces (Series A) and many more.
Location: Mumbai & Bengaluru
1. Prior Experience: A minimum of 12 months of front-end Investment Banking experience in a reputed IB firm. More experience on live deal making is better
a. People with no prior front end IB experienced should not apply.
b. Only KPO/research/equity research experience would not count towards front end IB experience and should not apply
c. Corp. development/M&A experience in leading start-ups or large institutional would count towards IB experience and are encouraged to apply
2. Strong academic pedigree:
a. Top tier undergrad (IIT/NIT/BITS/SRCC/SSCBS) & CFA (minimum L2 should have been cleared) +
b. CA rank holders with CFA (minimum L2 should have been cleared) with relevant work-ex are also welcome to apply.
c. MBA (Top US/UK MBA Grad Schools/INSEAD/IIMs/ISB/FMS/XLRI/SPJIMR/IMT/JBIMS).
3. Analytical Skills: Solid analytical skills with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
a. Strong presentation, pitch deck & IM making skills are non-negotiable
b. Strong financial modelling skills are non-negotiable
c. Market sizing
d. Transaction & trading comps
4. Thorough understanding of financial concepts, ratios
5. Great and intuitive understanding of business concepts, ability to understand business using 1st principle, ability to put oneself in shoes of entrepreneur and Investor shoes and ask right questions
6. Great communication skills - both verbal & written
7. Passion for the Indian start-up ecosystem, a well-read person about Indian start-up ecosystem is desirable
8. If you have been an entrepreneur & have raised capital for your own venture that is a huge plus.
9. Strong bias for action/initiative and entrepreneurial spirit
10. A demonstrated hunger towards field of investments, investment banking and entrepreneurship
11. Ability to prioritize effectively on mix of long-term & short-term deadlines
What you can expect:
1. Front-end role - direct interaction with start-up founders from Day 1
2. Understanding of the full deal cycle - right from first call with the founder to the time money is in the bank
3. Understand Dexter's thesis & unique lens of start-up evaluation
What will you work on:
1. Interaction with start-up founders from day 1 in evaluation of potential deals
2. Assisting the deal lead in entire deal execution including being part of Dexter -
3. Being part of Dexter - Investor calls & Company-Investors calls
4. Collateral preparation including financial model, IM, Teasers, competition benchmarking, valuation comps, etc.
5. Coordination of various due diligence processes (tax, financial, legal, etc.), investor/client calls & meetings, etc.
6. Deal documentation & closure processes
7. Industry/sector research for deal sourcing & assist in finalizing M&A/VC/PE mandates
8. Preparation & updation of marketing materials for clients, media, conferences, etc.
9. Updating internal MIS/databases