Founder & CEO at Dexter Capital Advisors
Views:2347 Applications:518 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:481
Dexter Capital Advisors - Associate - Deal Making/Investment Banking - IIT/NIT/BITS/CA/CFA (1-3 yrs)
Associate - Deal Making/Investment Banking - IIT/NIT/BITS/SRCC/SSCBS/CA/CFA
About Dexter Capital:
Dexter Capital Advisors is one of the leading Technology-focused Investment Banks that provides best-in-class advisory services to new-age entrepreneurs. We have helped start-ups in the Digital, Technology & Consumer sectors raise early-stage & growth-stage capital. Dexter in its 10+ years of existence has closed 70+ VC, PE & M&A transactions. We have been consistently ranked amongst the top 5 IBs by Venture Intelligence/VCC Edge Database.
Dexter has its offices in Bangalore, Mumbai & Delhi. Dexter has 25+ team members with colleagues who are alumni of IIM Ahmedabad, ISB, IIT Bombay, etc. & previous institutions such as Olympus Capital, Naspers, Avendus, EY, etc. Some of our clients include Dehaat (Series A to Series E), Lifcare (Seed, Series A & B), Pickrr (Series A & B), Mylo (Series B), Ekincare (Series B), Prozo (Series A), SleepyOwl (Series A) and many more.
Front End Deal Making experience: 1+ years
1. Prior Experience: A minimum of 12 months of front-end Investment Banking experience in a reputed IB firm. More experience in live deal-making is better.
a. People with no prior front-end IB experience should not apply.
b. Only KPO/research/equity research experience would not count towards front-end IB experience and should not apply
c. Corp. development/M&A experience in leading start-ups or large institutions would count towards IB experience and are encouraged to apply
2. Strong academic pedigree:
a. Top tier undergrad (IIT/NIT/BITS/SRCC/SSCBS) & CFA (minimum L2 should have been cleared)
b. CA rank holders with CFA (minimum L2 should have been cleared) with relevant work-ex are also welcome to apply.
c. MBA (Top US/UK MBA Grad Schools/INSEAD/IIMs/ISB/FMS/XLRI/SPJIMR/IMT/JBIMS).
3. Analytical Skills: Solid analytical skills with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
a. Strong presentation, pitch deck & IM making skills are non-negotiable
b. Strong financial modelling skills are non-negotiable
c. Market sizing
d. Transaction & trading comps
4. Thorough understanding of financial concepts, ratios
5. Great and intuitive understanding of business concepts, ability to understand business using 1st principle, ability to put oneself in the shoes of an entrepreneur and Investor shoes and ask the right questions
6. Great communication skills; both verbal & written
7. Passion for the Indian start-up ecosystem, a well-read person about the Indian start-up ecosystem is desirable
8. If you have been an entrepreneur & have raised capital for your own venture that is a huge plus.
9. Strong bias for action/initiative and entrepreneurial spirit
10. A demonstrated hunger towards the field of investments, investment banking, and entrepreneurship
11. Ability to prioritize effectively on a mix of long-term & short-term deadlines
What you can expect:
1. Front-end role; direct interaction with start-up founders from Day 1
2. Understanding of the full deal cycle; right from the first call with the founder to the time money is in the bank
3. Understand Dexter's thesis & unique lens of start-up evaluation
What will you work on:
1. Interaction with start-up founders from day 1 in the evaluation of potential deals
2. Assisting the deal lead in the entire deal execution including being part of Dexter
3. Being part of Dexter-Investor calls & Company-Investors calls
4. Collateral preparation including financial model, IM, Teasers, competition benchmarking, valuation comps, etc.
5. Coordination of various due diligence processes (tax, financial, legal, etc.), investor/client calls & meetings, etc.
6. Deal documentation & closure processes
7. Industry/sector research for deal sourcing & assist in finalizing M&A/VC/PE mandates
8. Preparation & updation of marketing materials for clients, media, conferences, etc.
9. Updating internal MIS/databases