Founder & CEO at Dexter Capital Advisors
Views:3718 Applications:897 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:853
Dexter Capital Advisors - Analyst/Senior Analyst/Associate - Investment Banking (1-6 yrs)
About Dexter Capital:
Indian start-up ecosystem has grown by leaps & bounds over the last decade on the back of rapid digitization, shift towards online, evolving consumer preferences, etc. Multiple unique & innovative start-ups have mushroomed across the country and some have grown into multi-billion-dollar business as well. However, a big enabler of this thriving ecosystem has been investments by venture capital and private equity firms. Connecting capital to the right business idea is as crucial as the idea itself. This is where Dexter comes in.
Dexter Capital Advisors is a start-up-focused investment bank the provides best-in-class services to new-age entrepreneurs. We help start-ups in the Digital, Technology & Consumer sectors raise early-stage & growth stage capital as well as M&A. Dexter in its ~7 years of existence has closed ~30 VC, PE & M&A transactions. We have been consistently ranked amongst the top 5 IBs for early-stage investing by Venture Intelligence Database.
Position: Analyst/Senior Analyst/Associate
Location: New Delhi/Mumbai/Bengaluru
1. Passion for the Indian start-up ecosystem
2. Bias for action
3. Solid skills with MS Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word). Strong presentation & financial modeling skills are non-negotiable.
4. Thorough understanding of financial & business concepts
5. Great communication skills - both verbal & written
6. At least 1-2 years of experience of working at an Investment Banking firm or equivalent (KPO, Big 4, Consulting, Business Advisory firm)
7. Strong Pedigree - Graduates from top engineering (IITs/BITS/NITs) / Delhi University colleges (St. Stephens, SRCC, SSCBS, LSR) will be preferred. CAs/CFAs are also welcome to apply, MBA from top 15 MBA colleages.
8. Ability to prioritize effectively on a mix of long-term & short-term deadlines
9. Demonstrate passion/hunger for investments, investment banking, business/entreprenuership
What you can expect:
1. Front-end role - direct interaction with start-up founders from Day 1
2. Understanding of the full deal cycle - right from the first call with the founder to the time money is in the bank
3. Understand Dexter's thesis & unique lens of start-up evaluation
What will you work on:
1. Collateral preparation including financial model, IM, Teasers, competition benchmarking, valuation comps, etc.
2. Coordination of various due diligence processes (tax, financial, legal, etc.), investor/client calls & meetings, etc.
3. Deal documentation & closure processes
4. Industry/sector research for deal sourcing & assist in finalizing M&A/VC/PE mandates
5. Preparation & updation of marketing materials for clients, media, conferences, etc.
6. Evaluating new deals and providing your thesis/recommendation to entire team
7.Assist in live dealexecution
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.