Manager - Recruitment at Strategic Alliance Management Services
Views:124 Applications:26 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Development Manager - Membership & Funding Alliance - Energy Efficiency Markets (7-10 yrs)
Development Manager - Membership & Funding, Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy, New Delhi
1. POSITION(S) VACANT: Development Manager - Membership & Funding, Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
- Incorporated in 2008, the Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE) is an industry led, membership-based, Indian not-for-profit organization, that drives energy efficiency markets and policies in India.
- AEEE is the only organization in India that works on creating awareness about energy efficiency as a resource. The organization aims to transform India into a global leader in energy efficiency, by reducing the country's energy intensity. AEEE is working towards making India a globally competitive and environmentally sustainable economy and one of the most attractive markets for companies, with the best available energy-efficient technologies. The organization also provides a convening platform for Government and Industry to engage in a constructive dialogue, to design and implement effective and impactful policies.
- Over the years, major foundations, as well as bilateral and multilateral agencies, have helped AEEE grow, as well as undertake projects in the area of energy efficiency policy advocacy and business enablement, with emphasis on knowledge products and the creation of more effective and credible platforms.
For more information about the organization, please visit www.aeee.in/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES :
The Development Manager - Membership & Funding (DM-MF) shall report to and directly support the Director Membership, Alliances and Partnership, in developing and managing relationship with AEEE member organizations, donors (Indian and international) and other stakeholders, by ensuring regular communication and adherence to reporting timelines.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(a) Recruitment of Members:
(1) Work under the direction of the Director Membership, Alliances and Partnership to develop and support implementation of AEEE's membership engagement and acquisition plans;
(2) Annually review and refresh the membership offer;
(3) Research and scope potential members and contact/ visit them accordingly;
(4) Cultivate relationships with potential members.
(b) Membership Engagement and Coordination:
(1) Ensure close collaboration across AEEE's verticals aligning membership strategy with the organization's priorities, and leveraging the organization's different platforms to promote members- activities;
(2) Ensure members receive the service and benefits they expect through a formal survey conducted annually;
(3) Provide members perspectives on AEEE's projects, events and programmes, working closely with the training and communications teams for the purpose;
(4) Focus on developing partnerships and strategic engagements with companies across geographies and sectors, including but not limited to CSR funding, syndicated research, trainings, co-branding, event sponsorships etc;
(5) Manage meetings and activities relating to membership (including meetings at local and regional level);
(6) Maintain strong working relationships with members to increase interactions and encourage their participation in AEEE's main activities. This will include frequent contact through phone, e-mail, official communications and in-person meetings;
(7) Liaise with the Communications team to develop membership's communications offerings;
(8) Liaise with the Finance team to ensure timely billing and collection of member dues;
(9) Contribute in improving the member database to maximise its use and ensure accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date information;
(10) Help document and promote the activities of national and regional AEEE's members.
(c) Partnership Development and Coordination:
(1) Support the Director Membership, Alliances and Partnership with existing partnerships with corporates and foundations, contributing to effective stewardship and delivery of partnership agreements;
(2) Explore joint activities and events like conferences and conclaves, promoting each other activities, etc;
(3) Support the Director Membership, Alliances and Partnership in identifying and developing prospective partnerships.
(1) Help develop, manage and implement Institutional fundraising strategy in conjunction with the Director Membership, Alliances and Partnership;
(2) Build a sustainable pipeline of potential funders - Indian philanthropic organizations, Indian offices of global, bilateral and multilateral agencies, corporates, etc;
(3) Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations, offering donations);
(4) Develop letters of interest, grant applications, proposals, award applications etc;
(5) Liaise with various verticals within AEEE to collect and present relevant information to stakeholders;
(6) Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization;
(7) Assist the Director Membership, Alliances and Partnership in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission;
(8) Assist the Director Membership, Alliances and Partnership in developing business plans to generate income from various sources;
(9) Improve and develop communication materials for the organization, such as brochures, websites, annual reports, DVDs, posters, etc., for implementing different marketing strategies and promotional campaigns;
(10) Organizing and attending non-profit events and networking with relevant stakeholders.
(1) Implementation of training strategy;
(2) Support the development of AEEE's thematic and/or regional training offer by working closely with verticals and developing strategic relationships with relevant training service providers/ other stakeholders to identify and deliver innovative training services;
(3) Stay abreast of trends and good practices in training and e-learning;
(4) Manage specific, tailor-made training, as requested by Members, ranging from short-term training workshops to longer-term training, facilitation and consultancies;
(5) Support marketing and fundraising for all training related services, including tailor-made trial offers, scheduled trainings, and new initiatives;
(6) Develop and implement a marketing plan for training.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualifications: Bachelors / Masters in Business, International Development, Public Policy, or related discipline required.
(1) Candidates must have 7-10 years of experience with prior exposure to working with membership organizations, or international not-for-profit organizations, in the area of managing donor and stakeholder relations and partnerships;
(2) Sectoral exposure to corporates/ foundations/ worked with HNIs with fundraising experiences preferred
(3) Experience with having worked with CXOs/ Senior Management stakeholders.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Strong understanding of membership and fundraising;
(2) Successful track record of developing strong relationships with member organizations and/or clients, prospects, and stakeholders;
(3) Ability to work independently and creatively;
(4) Knowledge and/or interest in Energy Efficiency (EE) and Sustainability;
(5) Excellent communication Skills: Both verbal and written. Communication skills are important for the DM-MF who will need to build long-term relationships with potential donors, partners, or volunteers and persuasively explain AEEE's vision to them;
(6) Research Skills: The applicant should be good at researching and devising strategies, as well as spotting and taking advantage of donation opportunities;
(7) People Management Abilities : The applicant should be adept at managing others, whether they are in her/his team, in the wider organization, or partners;
(8) Sound knowledge of the developmental sector in India.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. REFERENCE: DM-MF-AEEE
7. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612